Ripple is transforming the world of finance with innovative crypto solutions that increase access to financial services to people around the world.
We’re looking for an experienced front-end developer with design chops and a passion for UX to work across our design and engineering teams in building out Ripple’s design system.
Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you’ll lay down the groundwork that enables our teams to deliver the best possible user experiences for our customers consistently, efficiently, and scalably.
Your work will also enable the design team to rapidly prototype experiences so they can be tested with users and perfected in code.
These rock-solid design implementation practices will enable Ripple to nurture deep trust in our enterprise crypto products and move us closer to our vision of the Internet of Value.
What You’ll Do
- Plan Ripple’s Design System development roadmap and architecture
- Build out and document components, patterns, and scalability frameworks
- Work closely with product designers to bring new design ideas and patterns to life so they can be validated and refined
- Seek out opportunities to evangelize the Design System’s importance across the company in presentations, meetings, and other forums
- Stay current on the latest design system best practices and educate others
- Bridge the gap between design and engineering, removing redundancies and inefficiencies in the end-to-end design-dev process
- Ensure that front-end development techniques and technologies translate to the delivery of high-quality user experiences
- Maintain the design system componentry, ensuring minimal bugs and impact to users
- Propose ideas to improve Ripple’s user experience from your unique perspective
- Prototype new design concepts so they can be understood, tested with users, and implemented
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in front-end development
- 3+ years of experience in planning and building out design systems and/or UX prototyping
- A UI/UX portfolio or Github link that showcases your skills
- Deep expertise in accessibility and in building and scaling responsive interfaces across multiple types of platforms
- Proven leadership and ability to drive projects and initiatives across multiple teams in an organization
- A sense of urgency and bias toward action, actively identifying problems and fixing them
- Detail orientation and visual design skills – it doesn’t have to be your top skillset, but you should know what to look for when implementing designs to make experiences truly exceptional
- Great verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work with designers and developers across multiple time zones
- Attuned to the needs of different stakeholders, with empathetic problem-solving abilities
- Insatiably curious with a growth mindset
Preferred, but not required
- Experience working with static site generators and server-side rendered apps
- Experience working with multiple methods of writing CSS in modern apps (static, pre-processed, css-in-js, etc.
- Experience giving presentations about design systems to public audiences
- Fintech experience
- A strong interest in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!