About Trail of BitsTrail of Bits helps secure the world’s most targeted organizations and products.
We combine high-end security research with a real-world attacker mentality to reduce risk and fortify code.
As a cybersecurity research and consulting firm, we serve clients in the defense, tech, finance, and blockchain industries.
We help with their most difficult security challenges by designing and building new technology, researching new techniques to advance the state of practice, and reviewing the security of the latest available technology products before they hit the market.
Our team consumes, produces, and presents research as a natural part of doing business.
When we make new discoveries or developments, we strive to share our knowledge and release our tools as open source.
It’s a practice that’s earned us industry accolades and helped contribute to our double-digit bottom-line growth.
Role The Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable (AR/AP) Specialist is an entry-level, growth-focused role on the Finance team.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing both accounts receivable and accounts payable processes, reviewing and approving expense reports, creating and updating standard operating procedures, tracking and recording transactions, and performing day-to-day finance tasks as assigned.
This role requires a highly organized and focused individual with a strong work ethic and the ability to execute tasks diligently and meticulously.
Success in this role is measured in high customer satisfaction ratings with our team members and vendors, low error rates in data entry, and contributions to evolving processes.
We’ll look to you to find opportunities for process improvement, automation, and documentation.
You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with the Accounting Manager, other members of the Finance and Operations teams, and cross-departmental stakeholders.
We are committed to providing growth and mentoring opportunities to help you reach your professional goals.
- Review license agreements and contracts to ensure accurate and timely payments of invoices.
- Enter vendor invoices into accounting systems.
- Review and post payments through various methods (e.
, ACH, wire, online payments) and oversee the end-to-end documentation.
- Collect and file W-9s from vendors.
- Own the expense reimbursement process, including reconciling corporate credit card transactions.
- Follow up with customers to collect past due balances, tracking and escalating issues to the Accounting Manager as needed.
- Provide customer service for team members regarding corporate cards and expenses.
- Contribute to process improvement and documentation.
- 1-3 years of experience in accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Highly-developed written and verbal customer service communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, preferably with an emphasis on VLOOKUP and pivot tables.
- Experience with billing technologies like Unanet and Netsuite.
- Experience with productivity, communications, and project management software, particularly Google Workspace, Slack, and Trello.
- Before, during and after COVID-19, our workforce works flexibly.
Many employees choose to work from home around the globe.
As long as you deliver against your goals, we encourage you to harness your personal working style to let you work best.
- Liberal expense policy for acquiring the equipment and software that help you do your job.
If we need hardware to work effectively, we buy it.
- We offer exceptional and tailored technical, leadership and organizational training for our team members.
Everyone is encouraged to identify additional opportunities for personal professional growth with working at Trail of Bits.
- We routinely highlight the amazing work our employees do via our blog, product offerings, and conference talks.
We celebrate you!
- We're at the forefront of a number of markets and have the internal expertise and the ambition to capitalize on those opportunities.
Our employees see their work in use and valued by many others.
Benefits for US Employees
- Multiple generous health, vision, and dental insurance plans including no-monthly-premium options supporting individuals and families through JustWorks.
- Ancillary benefits including life and disability insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, free Citi Bike membership, access to a HealthAdvocate, a healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and a free One Medical membership.
- 4 months paid parental leave.
- 401k with 5% company matching through Betterment.
- Moving expenses: $5,000 one-time.
- Charitable donations matching up to $2,000.
- One time $1,000 at home office expense stipend.
- $500/year personal learning & development budget.
- Executive coaching for managers and above.
- Options for coworking space (some restrictions may apply).
- Bonuses for recruiting, public speaking, tool releases, blog posts, academic posters, proposals, and whitepapers, and end-of-year bonuses based on company, team, and personal performance.
- 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year.
- 14 company holidays per year.
- Carbon offsets for your personal and corporate carbon emissions through Project Wren.
- Manage your student loans right alongside your 401(k) in Betterment.
Dedication to diversity, equity & inclusionTrail of Bits is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace where our employees can thrive and be themselves! We welcome all persons into our community.
We embrace the diversity of gender, gender identity or expression, race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical and mental disabilities, medical condition, genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, marital status, family care or medical leave status, military or veteran status, or perceived membership in any of these groups.