AZA Finance is the largest non-bank in Africa and an established provider of Payments, FX and Treasury providing cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure.
By leveraging cutting-edge technology with our proprietary technology, AZA Finance is able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets.
Our API product provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API while our Web-Based platform is our B2B over-the-counter product that caters to businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA Finance is a market-maker in every major African currency.
AZA Finance was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala, Accra, Durban and Dakar.
We are seeking an organized and proactive Administrative Assistant to join our organisation on a part-time basis.
You will work directly with our office staff to ensure all administrative tasks are efficiently and effectively implemented.
The ideal candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks at once, and a wide breadth of experience managing clerical responsibilities, sorting and distributing mail as well as assisting with ad-hoc administrative tasks.
- Assisting visiting team members in finding their way around the office;
- Delivery of official items and documents
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Purchase of office items and supplies
- Payment of office utilities, subscriptions, vendors etc.
- Help maintain workplace security by issuing, checking and collecting badges as necessary and maintaining visitor logs;
- Assisting with a variety of administrative tasks including copying, printing, scanning, reconciliation and making travel plans;
- Performing ad-hoc administrative duties;
- Sorting and distributing mail and handling correspondence for the their jurisdiction/office;
- Arranging deliveries and collections as required;
- Possibly handling event coordination, both internally and externally;
- Assist with managing office supplies such as stationery, equipment and furniture;
- Maintaining office services as required (such as cleaners and maintenance companies);
- Receiving and dispatching deliveries and maintain adequate records;
- Keep a safe and clean reception area by complying with internal procedures and processes;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- It is also imperative that the Administrative Assistant has a polite manner and is well-presented at all times.
- Customer Service
- Work Ethic
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication
- Problem Solving Skills
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
● Associate’s or bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in related field.
● A minimum of 2 years prior experience as an administrative assistant or in related field.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel.
● Good time management skills.
● Experience with administrative and clerical procedures.
● Able to contribute positively as part of a team, helping out with various tasks as required.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Global / regional network/exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling startups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.
Great work -life balance.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.
…… and more!!
AZA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment.
AZA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.