Reddit is looking for an Advertising Measurement Researcher to help our advertisers succeed on our platform. This role will be an integral part of the Marketing Sciences team, and overall Marketing organization – driving our value proposition to agencies and brands by demonstrating the power and performance of Reddit as a media platform. In short, we’re looking for a measurement lead with a marketers mindset.
As Reddit is a rapidly growing company, your primary responsibilities will evolve over time and there is significant opportunity to drive impact within Reddit and career growth. This role reports directly to the Head of Measurement.
- Core responsibility is on research and development of various measurement methodologies, algorithms, and products that support our sales and measurement efforts.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative methods to help improve our measurement and experimentation capabilities in areas such as attitudinal survey research, offline and online sales/ROI measurement, impression/attribution/conversion tracking, sentiment analysis, natural language processing, and custom research
- Work with measurement partners to understand their methodology’s suitability for measuring ads impact on Reddit.
- Advise our go-to-market teams with deep experimentation and measurement expertise.
- Support the execution of innovative primary research that amplifies our narrative and value proposition to advertisers, and the development of insights products that position Reddit as a curator of business-critical learnings to advertisers
- Represent Reddit to the larger research and analytics industry through speaking engagements, white papers, and conferences.
Who you are:
- A technically savvy, data-driven researcher that’s passionate about using data and analytics to develop innovative measurement methodologies and products.
- PhD in Statistics, Experimental Economics/Econometrics, Statistical Physics, Epidemiology, Political Science, Computational Linguistics, Computational Neuroscience, or similar quantitative discipline.
- Expertise in experimental and quasi-experimental design and analysis.
- Deep knowledge of advanced statistical methods, with a focus on causal inference.
- Familiarity with qualitative research methods.
- Proficiency with big data technologies (SQL, Hadoop, Big Query) and the ability to work with large data sets.
- You have a strong background in the execution, analysis, and presentation of quantitative research.
- Ability to drive innovative research and work through ambiguity to drive results.
- Experience with Bayesian methods is a plus.