OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for , or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. OpenSea is an open, inclusive web3 platform, where individuals can come to explore NFTs and connect with each other to purchase and sell NFTs. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a platform that supports a brand new economy based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as ranked top private company.When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City, San Francisco or the Silicon Valley for the majority of our opportunities.We’re looking for an extraordinary animator who will be working closely with designers to support our Marketing and Community team to define and create assets and materials that reflect our brand and the nascent space of web3. If you’re excited to work at a company that is building and shaping the future of marketplaces to empower creators and collectors, welcome to OpenSea.
What You'll Do
- Sketch, storyboard, ideate, and generate new concepts quickly based on stakeholder direction and self-driven research
- Lead the animation and motion graphic efforts, aligning with Marketing, Community, Design, and Product teams, taking direction and giving feedback to develop and ship animated content
- Work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with a small team
- Produce strong conceptual and expressive animations that are engaging and reflect a cohesive brand aesthetic
- Work with our designers to define and drive the evolution of our visual system and be curious to experiment
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone who is excited to join the team.
- 3+ years of experience working professionally as a 3D animator, with skills in two or more disciplines: graphic design, brand design, and/or illustration
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work to be considered for this role (include link on your resume)
- Experience with animating illustrations to full video productions
- Portfolio exhibits conceptual experience, composition, and color
- Experience with visual storytelling including editorial animation and/or illustration
- Expert level Maya and After Effects experience
Nice to Have
- Experience and/or passion for crypto