Who You Are:
Are you a blockchain enthusiast with a swiss-army knife DevOps/SRE skillset? Do you trade crypto on the weekend, run blockchain nodes on your personal computer, and obsess about distributed systems in your spare time while working on Kubernetes clusters during your 9-5? You’ll be using Infrastructure as Code to deploy our proof of stake validators into a hybrid cloud/colo architecture, building out CI/CD pipelines, managing secure access and building out observability platforms.
The Blockchain Infrastructure Engineer will be building production systems and tooling for bleeding edge blockchain products, hyperfocused on automation, efficiency, security and resiliency. You will report to the Blockchain Infrastructure team lead, in a parallel structure to the SRE organization, working closely with the infrastructure, business and engineering teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, manage, and maintain our hybrid cloud/on-prem infrastructure.
- Write infrastructure as code to streamline the creation of proof of stake validators.
- Deploy, manage and monitor observability/monitoring platforms and CI/CD pipelines.
- Linux server management, administration and hardening/security.
- Troubleshoot and debug complex distributed systems.
- Actively participate in incident response in the wake of production issues.
- Actively engage with broader blockchain communities to influence evolution of protocols that Galaxy engages with.
- Partner with Blockchain Infrastructure team lead and Protocol Services business head to help evaluate potential opportunities and shape product roadmap.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience managing secure and highly available hybrid cloud/on-prem Linux environments
- Cloud architecture and design – AWS and GCP.
- Linux command line expertise.
- On-prem data center server management.
- Network design, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Coding in Python, Ruby, Go, Rust or another high-level language.
- Disaster Recovery and High Availability strategy.
- Monitoring and Metrics in Cloudwatch, Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
- Implement “Infrastructure as Code” using appropriate technologies such as: Terraform, Pulumi, ansible, puppet, chef.
- Managing Kubernetes clusters using eksctl, helm, rancher, etc.
- Deploying, configuring and managing Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) to generate and secure private keys from vendors like Thales, Utimaco, Yubico, nCipher, etc.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Arrangements
- Flexible Time Off (paid)
- 3% 401(k) company contribution
- Company-paid health insurance for employees, partners, and other dependents
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Free daily snacks and weekly lunches
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
- Annual charitable giving match
- Employee Resource Groups
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions through Ginger
*Benefits may vary based on location
Apply now and join us on our mission to engineer a new economic paradigm.