As an engineer focused on backend systems at Alchemy working specifically on our Solana tech stack, you’ll be working with one of the most sophisticated and high-throughput distributed systems in the blockchain world.
Solana is our newest supported and fastest growing chain to date and requires a more refined focus on high data throughput applications.
You’ll focus on architecting and building new systems as well as improving existing ones for a platform that supports millions of users globally.
The team is still small and looking to grow rapidly, so you will have a lot of agency and ownership with our product roadmaps.
- Own the end to end product lifecycle of identifying, designing, and building new features
- Contribute and lead backend design discussions, stand up meetings, and code reviews
- Develop and own best practices for backend application development with a focus on high throughput, high reliability, and low latency
- Identify opportunities to improve existing practices and uphold Alchemy’s high technical quality bar
- Write stable, high coverage test cases for features you ship
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Collaborate with other engineers, PMs, and designers
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science
- Experience designing, building, scaling and maintaining core backend software components (experience with API platforms a plus)
- Ability to solve complex design, scaling, latency, or performance problems in high-throughput, low-latency systems
- Experience with High throughput streaming services like kafka is a plus
- Experience with data pipelining like google dataflow is a plus
- Experience with AWS technologies is a plus
- Experience with GCP technologies is a plus
- Experience with production distributed systems, web applications, and microservice architecture
- Experience developing with Java (Micronauts)
- Proven track record building highly available and highly scalable systems
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to execute new ideas with autonomy
- Know how to find the right balance between perfection and shipping quickly
- Web3 experience, a plus
- Founded a company or built side projects, a plus
- Experience in startups, a plus