At Anchorage we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions.
With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service.
We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.
Anchorage Digital’s Internal Audit function is an independent function responsible for providing assurance covering Anchorage Digital’s business and operations.
The BSA/AML Internal Audit Lead will independently evaluate the design, adequacy and test effectiveness of the entities’ internal controls to comply with laws, rules and regulations applicable to the entities, and their adherence to established policies and procedures.
BSA/AML and OFAC compliance program audits, including determining audit scope, evaluating design of business controls, conducting tests for control effectiveness, documenting audit work performed, discussing audit findings and agreeing management action plans with stakeholders, drafting audit reports, tracking management action plans for audit findings and regulatory findings (if any), and performing validation tests for closure of action plans, and assisting the Head of Internal Audit in preparing reports and metrics for the senior management and Audit Committee of the firm.
As a BSA/AML Internal Audit Lead you will:
- Independently execute BSA/AML and OFAC audits of high quality in an efficient and timely manner with minimal managers’ supervision
- Apply your BSA/AML audit/compliance/testing knowledge from a financial institution to a crypto trust bank and to meet the requirements and spirit of the FFIEC BSA/AML Examination Manual
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine audit scope, identify risks and control gaps, and develop mitigating management action plans
- Draft and present audit reports and results to the respective business stakeholders, senior management, and the Audit Committee
- Track audit findings and perform validation work for finding closure
- Perform validation work for closure of regulatory findings, where applicable
- Develop collaborative relationship with the stakeholders and provide best practice guidance and be a trusted control adviser to the business to help the firm build a safe and sound control environment
- Assist in preparing reporting metrics for the senior management and Audit Committee
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Solid experience in executing internal audits in relation to BSA/AML and OFAC compliance without much supervision or guidance
- BSA/AML audit or compliance assurance/testing experience in a financial institution
- The ability to apply your banking experience to the crypto industry
- You think you can build good relationship with the team
- Critical thinking and a strong sense to identify risks
- The ability to articulate clearly audit findings and risk impact to the business stakeholders
- Strong organizational, project management, communication, and presentation skills
- Characteristics of being detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, like to work in a dynamic environment, have good judgment, and be able to motivate others
Although not a requirements, bonus points if:
- You have some crypto experience
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of crypto asset innovations
About Anchorage Digital – People: Who we are
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem.
As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from.
We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.