We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to , and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people.
We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.
0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto.
Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team.
First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves.
Second, we expect all employees to commit to our to our work.
Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy.
You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning.
You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.
- You appreciate direct communication.
You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other.
You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly.
Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too.
What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you.
You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude.
Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines.
Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team.
We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
This role is for the BSA Officer, Deputy Head of FCCS as part of the Financial Crimes Compliance (FCC) function in the Enterprise Compliance team, reporting to the Head of Financial Crimes Compliance Services.
In this role, you will have oversight of the AML program applicable to Coinbase US entities including policy.
You will be responsible for making decisions on matters impacting CB In’s AMLCompliance Program.
You will serve as the subject matter expert within the FCCS team providing guidance and advising Product and business teams.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a proven track record of creating and implementing AML programs and controls for various legal entity structures across different jurisdictions.
The role will include responsibility for certain core compliance activities, as detailed below.
What you’ll be doing (ie.
- Working with the Compliance Advisory, business, and product teams to execute adequate controls for onboarding and suspicious activity monitoring across customers and geographies
- Designing scalable AML processes and continuous monitoring controls to mitigate risk associated with complex client structures and evolving AML regulatory risks
- Communicating any issues cross functionally and driving them to resolution
- Working closely with Financial Crimes Compliance leadership for cross functional alignment and creating roadmaps for the team’s progression
- Assisting with regulatory inquiries, internal audit, and compliance testing to address key findings across multiple jurisdictions
- Maintain oversight and governance of outsourced AML operations
- Partner with technical and operations teams to design and implement methodologies for effective KYC and suspicious activity monitoring controls
- Be comfortable with operating in ambiguity and adapting to changing priorities
- Reporting risk trends and mitigating strategies to senior and executive level management
- Work closely with the leadership team to drive internal planning and strategy across short and long term initiatives
- Collaborate with technical tooling teams to apply innovative approaches to build cutting edge transaction monitoring and KYC solutions
What we look for in you (ie.
- 10+ years of experience in managing, designing, and implementing an AML program for a financial institution, preferably with digital assets and/or fintech experience
- Detailed knowledge of anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing, and sanctions risks and regulations (e.
, BSA, 4MLD, FinCEN CDD Rule, OFAC Sanctions, USA PATRIOT Act, FINRA AML rules etc.
- In depth knowledge of AML program design for different types of legal entities is required
- Strong leadership, executive presence, relationship management skills, and project management experience
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required; graduate/vocational training preferred
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong communication skills and presence: ability to interface with internal and external teams
- Work in a cross-functional and matrixed environment
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience at a FinTech is a plus
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20).
Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $245,225+ target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law).
If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
For US applicants, you may view , and notices by clicking on their corresponding links.
Additionally, Coinbase participates in the in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.
com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site a free compatible screen reader .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.
Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available .
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.