JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position – No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: US/Canada only )
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $90k – $114k USD / YR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week – Long Term, ongoing project
is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
THIS IS A DIRECT FULL TIME HIRE. YOU WILL BE AN EMPLOYEE, NOT A CONTRACTOR.
- Must be able to work EST business hours. Preference for living and working in +/- 3hrs of EST time zone.
- 6+ years experience in UI/UX design and some experience within an agency setting.
- A deep understanding of user-centric design processes and methodologies. Experience implementing digital solutions in physical space is a plus.
- Experienced in distilling complex ideas and technical concepts into succinct, consumer-facing ones.
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and all other relevant tools.
- Highly organized, impeccable attention to detail, and demonstrated time management skills.
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to take calculated risks to achieve compelling, innovative products.
- A unique perspective, an open mind, and a humble outlook.
You are a creator. You are passionate about creating innovative and elegant brands, products and experiences; evolving concepts into highly polished offerings.
You are a leader. You are clear and thoughtful in how you express your vision. You have demonstrated expertise in mentoring junior team members to inspire a creative and productive culture.
You are a multi-tasker. You are able to move quickly and efficiently amongst multiple projects from concept to execution, under demanding deadlines.
You are a team player. You recognize the value of a truly collaborative setting where feedback and input are encouraged from all team members at every step.
You are a thinker. We don’t care as much about your resume specifics as we do about the way you think and what you like to do.
What you’ll be working on
We are looking for a Senior Designer that specializes in user experience and digital design to join our remote team. Cactus is a fast-paced interdisciplinary design studio that will require you to be nimble, self-motivated, and hands-on. This is an opportunity to flex and expand your skills, engage with a diverse team of experts, and shape the future of both digital and physical spaces.
We are seeking someone who can confidently navigate complex problems and arrive at innovative and appropriate solutions. In this role, you will straddle the strategy and design worlds; approaching all projects through the lens of an end-user and envisioning how the integration of digital products and experiences can meet project success metrics, elevate and provide value to the user experience, and push the boundaries of what is possible in physical and digital spaces. This role will require a deep understanding of the UX design process, a willingness to work collaboratively with other internal teams, and the capacity to bring your vision to life through highly polished designs and compelling experiences.
- Ability to effectively delegate work amongst design team members to meet project deadlines and foster the growth of junior team members.
- Coordinate efficiently between design, tech, and strategy teams to bring to life dynamic work for our clients.
- Manage a roster of freelancers and contractors to build software and programs that innovate and inspire.
- Ability to bring your vision to life through highly-polished designs.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.