About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.About the RoleKraken is growing and as a result our compliance team comprised of talented and motivated individuals is rapidly expanding as well. We are looking for a capable compliance associate to join the team of motivated financial/technology professionals and work with our teams worldwide, and be part of the expert global compliance group.Kraken is looking for a CDD Compliance Associate – Special Projects; they should have the demonstrated ability to assess customer risk in escalated cases, communicate policy and procedures to various client engagement teams, proactively identify customer risk factors, and support management as appropriate.The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a strong background in international compliance standards as well as international know your customer (KYC) requirements, customer onboarding, geographic and customer risk assessments. The candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to communicate effectively between multiple teams in the organisation. They should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and they are committed to the values of teamwork, integrity, and adaptability
- Experience identifying, implementing, and executing Compliance Ops projects which could include development/review of procedures and SOPs; identify and lead remediation efforts with cross-functional coordination between Product, Data, Engineering, and Compliance teams; and focused on strategic initiatives
- Assist with facilitating strategic initiatives related to Global Compliance Ops, and Regional Kraken subsidiaries in the regulatory space
- Conduct research based on specific inquiries (e.g. product launches) and prepare Q&A documents specifically around Compliance readiness to support product launch, identification of impact to Compliance Ops teams, and understanding licensing implications
- Ensures timely completion of projects, and communicative of deliverables/achievable target dates with competing priorities
- Provide additional support to teams when capacity / bandwidth is heavyManage and track various communication channels and provide timely responses to all stakeholders.
- Identify trends and patterns dynamically that could have a noteworthy impact on our team’s efficiency and develop workflow efficiencies.
- Evaluate CDD exceptions and form a recommendation on a case-by case basis. Familiarise yourself with the inter-department responsibilities that require CDD’s input.
- Review referrals and escalation from other teams and departments.
- Perform due diligence checks on customers as required.
- Communicate effectively to coordinate cross-functional projects.
- Perform research in support of ad-hoc compliance projects (e.g. program procedures, regulatory inquiries for new products, and remediations)
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Stay in the know