As one of the largest and most trusted
digital asset platforms
globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started.
We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines.
Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read to find out more about us!
What You'll Do:
- Have the ability to be an extension of the Global Head of Compliance (GHOC) and command any meeting or discussion in a way that is ego-less, enables collaboration and drives progress forward
- Helps the staff and their teams interpret, understand, and carry out GHOC's vision and strategic intent
- Be proactive, authentic and genuinely interested in getting to know the team (which is remote and distributed globally) and the individuals who make up the team, including their responsibilities and strengths
- Exercises exceptional discretion with confidential information, and also keeps the GHOC apprised of what's going on in the organization and, where possible, to keep the organization informed of what's going on at the top
- Acts as a proxy and information funnel, filter, and facilitator for the GHOC, dealing with as many issues as possible before they reach the GHOC's desk, representing the GHOC's point of view, and making decisions, as needed, in the executive's absence
- Detail oriented, strategic – match the executive, hungry and work hard, potentially ex consulting
- Thrive in fast-moving, remote environments and be able to drive progress at times with little guidance
- Be naturally curious and have the courage to ask questions and raise concerns when warranted
- Find importance and satisfaction in 'doing' and execution, with a healthy disregard of paralysis by analysis
- Uses highly-developed organization skills to manage a portfolio of projects for the GHOC and help drive to completion
- Helps the GHOC prioritize projects and business impact so the GHOC and his direct reports can move forward with clear focus on the most important work
- Provides analysis, recommendations, and options regarding decisions to be made or problems to be solved
- Attends and facilitates complex, cross-departmental discussions to ensure that good decisions are reached and decisions are carried out
- Manages or helps manage the executive's communications, brand, and relationships in the organization
- Accomplishes all of the above by using a combination of soft skills, primarily servant leadership, political savvy, exceptional tact and discretion with confidential information, a learning orientation, a balance of organization skills and flexibility, the ability to connect dots between seemingly disparate activities or teams in the organization, and coaching
Who You Are:
- 5-10 years of full-time work experience, ideally working for a consulting firm
- Bachelor’s degree – Advanced degree a plus
- CAMS Certification or equivalent
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and regulatory bodies in Europe and US, and other jurisdictions, including banking, capital markets, and money transmission
- Experience with compliance operations (including KYC, EDD, AML, CFT, sanctions), audit, and regulatory examinationsKnowledgeable about cryptocurrency and deep interest and desire to develop greater expertise in the industry
- Ability to establish strong working relationships across the Compliance team, and to work collaboratively and independently
- Strong teammate that works well in a remote environment and with multiple functions across the organization
- Problem-solving, adaptability, tenacity, a sense of urgency and hands-on, roll-up your sleeves work ethic
- Proactive and seeks to find solutions to problems and not wait around
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing business and regulatory environment
- Adaptability to global business needs
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- Executive level presentation skills leveraging Slides, Keynote, Powerpoint, etc.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Self-starter that is capable of independently pushing projects to completion
- Strong experience in project management both within teams and across teams
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Asana, Wrike or Jira
- Proven track record building reporting metrics based on project management software like Jira to communicate both program and project level metric
Location Tagging: #CANADA #US #LI-Remote #LI-MT1We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences.
We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know