About the Protocol Labs Network
Protocol Labs is building the next generation of the internet.
We are an open-source Network that spans the research to development pipeline to create new protocols, tools, and services to radically improve the internet.
Our products serve thousands of organizations and millions of people.
Many teams in the Network are fully distributed and follow a common set of open source practices to grow and flourish together.
This distributed, open-source philosophy is at the core of how we operate.
We are looking to hire a talented, driven, and experienced Chief of Staff to support our PL Corp Lead and team by partnering with leaders in the Legal, Finance, Crypto and People Operations functions as well as other areas of the company.
This is a high-impact and high-growth role.
Responsibilities include leading and coordinating different projects across PL Corp Org, and collaborating with the leadership team members on strategic and tactical execution projects for the business.
As Protocol Labs grows, the challenges and impact of this role will grow.
As Chief of Staff, you will:
- Manage and prioritize extensive task lists, handle critical communications, and maintain dynamic schedules.
Attend Org’s meetings, follow up with key partners on critical aspects, and collaborate with the Org Lead in keeping the leadership team accountable for goals and main KPIs.
You will partner with teams and drive the execution of initiatives and projects by collaborating with cross-functional teams to influence, implement, extend, manage, and evolve our operational processes and models.
- Support the organization in discovering gaps in objectives and priorities across teams and projects.
- Partner with the PL Corp leadership team to provide project management and operational support while contributing to projects that help drive business priorities and strengthen team collaboration and morale.
- Assist in developing and monitoring project plans, schedules, and outcomes, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring operational feasibility across the PL Corp.
- Help the PL Org Leaders execute against their agenda and problem solve to drive high-priority business projects from conception through successful execution, collaborating with cross-functional internal team members.
- Evaluate project results and incorporate best practices and key learnings for future improvements.
We are looking for an individual who shares our values, can get fired up about our mission, and is excited to help us tackle larger and greater things.
Ideal candidates are problem solvers with an execution mindset, astute, creative, knowledgeable, thoughtful, empathetic, efficient, analytical, intellectually curious, rigorous, and friendly.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills and experience working and managing communications with many different groups.
Candidates must also be exceptionally organized, with extensive experience identifying, recording, prioritizing, and accomplishing a wide variety of tasks.
Great candidates will have expertise in automating processes, measuring performance, and making systems more efficient over time.
As a rapidly growing organization, you should expect your role to evolve during your time at Protocol Labs.
You will have the opportunity to grow your role, skills, and knowledge while being a part of a close-knit, dynamic group of individuals that strive for excellence daily.
We strive to support our team in their professional development.
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- Project Management: demonstrated success leading complex projects and/or programs across teams or organizations.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher.
MBA may be an advantage, but not required.
- GSD – “Get stuff done” attitude: Can solve any task that needs solving.
- Business minded: solid business acumen, critical thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- The ability to adapt to rapidly changing schedules and willingness to take requests and answer communication throughout various time zones.
- Strong knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Spreadsheets, Presentations).
Slack is a plus but not necessary.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact autonomously with internal and external partners.
- Sensitivity and understanding of confidential matters and ability to protect those accordingly.
- Excellent computer skills, and a self-starter in picking up new and complex systems.
- A demonstrated ability to grasp new concepts and software quickly.
- An ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic environment.
- An understanding of business priorities in a timely fashion.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Organization skills that allow you to follow up and make sure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Experience in a technical, start-up, or open source environment.
- Experience working remotely.