About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.About the role: The Kraken Clearing & Settlements Supervisor is a highly visible role requiring dynamic interactions across Kraken’s global clearing and settlements infrastructure. This individual will supervise a team of Americas-based Settlement Specialists and will be the global process owner for over-the-counter (“OTC”) crypto and fiat settlements.
What You'll Do:
- Lead team of Settlement Specialists in managing end to end OTC settlement requests, efficiently processing payables and receivables via bank wire and crypto transactions.
- Partner with Kraken’s global OTC trading team to provide robust and reliable global 24/7 settlement services and an extraordinary client experience.
- Propose, institute, and maintain a library of OTC trade & settlement best-in-class metrics and management reports.
- Ensure all OTC transactions adhere to internal policies & controls and that controls are regularly tested. Propose and institute new policy and control recommendations.
- Coordinate with global Treasury team members to execute payments to rebalance operating and custodial assets.
- Create, update, and maintain detailed desk procedures and training materials for the global settlement team and related stakeholders.
- Maintain productive working relationships with banking partners, operations teams, product, management, dev ops, and other stakeholders.
- Utilize treasury operating tools across multiple global banking partners and various payment portals.
- Maintain a collaborative approach to continuous improvement of processes ensuring data verification, quality, and accuracy
*Please note that weekend work is required 1-2 times per month for this role.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or Economics. MBA Preferred
- 5+ years experience in clearing and settlements, broker/dealer capacity with expert knowledge of the trade life-cycle broker/dealer capacity
- Prior supervisory or management experience required
- Ability to work fully remote supporting the U.S. time zones
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a transactional environment requiring urgency and vigilance
- Demonstrable knowledge and passion about bitcoin and cryptocurrency trading and exchange services with a security first mind set
- Strong comprehension of the balance sheet, cash flow statement, and effects of transactions to each
- Understanding of international and local payment networks SWIFT, SEPA, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL queries, database structure, and BI tools is a big plus; TMS experience preferred
- Strong work ethic and ability to excel in a fast-paced evolving environment
Location Tagging #USWe’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Stay in the know