About the Filecoin Foundation (FF) is an independent organization that facilitates governance of the Filecoin network, funds critical development projects, supports the growth of the Filecoin ecosystem, and advocates for Filecoin and the decentralized web.
In 2017, the creators of Filecoin envisioned that an independent Filecoin Foundation would serve as the long-term governance body for the Filecoin Ecosystem.
They gave the Foundation the mandate to “grow an open ecosystem for decentralized storage” and to “give developers an open and sustainable platform to build, enhance and monetize those services.
” They wanted the Foundation to be modeled on Foundations for other open source projects like the Apache Software Foundation, the Mozilla Foundation and the Linux Foundation.
The Filecoin Foundation operates independently of Protocol Labs, the organization that designed and built the Filecoin network.
As a member of our early-stage team, you will have the opportunity to help define our growth as the organization scales.
This is a full-time position, remote from anywhere in the world.
Job DescriptionThe Orbit Ambassador Program is a community engagement program that aims to build the grassroots community around Filecoin, IPFS, and the web3 community around the world.
Filecoin Foundation is looking for a person to manage all aspects of the program, from recruiting and support to reporting and growth.
Your typical day will consist of engaging with Ambassadors, learning about their needs and plans so that you can support, unblock, and share their work.
You will also work closely with the Foundation’s marketing, communications and events team, offering support and guidance to Orbit community content and events organized by ambassadors.
Strong communication and project management skills will be key to succeeding in this role.
If you are an enthusiastic self-starter that is passionate about the decentralized web and loves to network and connect with others, this might be the role for you.
- Own and manage communications for the Orbit Ambassador Program in close collaboration with the Marketing and Communications team including suggestions for social activity, content ideas and events best practices.
- Own and update the Orbit Ambassador Program website
- Recruit program participants and onboard them onto the program; ensure participants are supported and set up for success throughout the program, and elevate participants through the program hierarchy as appropriate
- Manage and maintain relationships with various stakeholders, including volunteers, ambassadors, and other members of the Orbit community
- Track community activity, metrics, and Ambassador milestones and report on activities and metrics related to the Orbit program
- Understand the needs of program volunteers and the Orbit community
- Promote, expand, and scale the program, onboarding a globally diverse community
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in community management, bonus points for experience managing open source communities
- Experience working with globally diverse communities
- Experience with coordinating communications activities, events and people management
- Proficient with social media tools and platforms (Reddit, Twitter, Youtube, Slack, Telegram, Discord and WhatsApp); knowledge of social media marketing and best practices
- Strong project management skills; ability to easily juggle multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Positive self-starter that is sociable, people-oriented, and likes to network and connect with others
- Familiarity with/interest in blockchain technology, open-source communities, and the Web3 ecosystem
- Passionate about the decentralized web and information access
- Comfortable with remote, internationally-distributed teams