Part of our mission at the Zcash Foundation is to support the Zcash ecosystem.
To that end, we are seeking to engage a Community Support Coordinator to provide technical support to the Zcash community.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Identify, triage and respond to technical support and ecosystem onboarding questions and issues raised on a variety of channels, including the Zcash Community Forum, Discord, Twitter, and other online and social media platforms.
- Gain familiarity with commonly-used Zcash software and tools, in order to answer users’ questions and/or help them diagnose underlying issues or bugs.
- Escalate complex issues as necessary by routing questions, requests, and feedback to the appropriate teams within the Zcash ecosystem, including the ZF and ECC engineering teams, and wallet developers.
- Follow up on escalated issues, and track them to their resolution.
- Eliminate common user support and onboarding inquiries by creating user support and educational content (e.
writing documentation and FAQs, creating “How to” videos, hosting virtual workshops) to address specific support topics, and suggesting improvements to other teams’ support documentation to ensure that Zcash users can self-serve as much as possible.
- Record and track user issues and challenges, feature requests, and other community feedback, and share findings with Zcash ecosystem product teams and other stakeholders.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of Zcash Foundation events, including our annual conference, Zcon.
- Other related duties as assigned.
This is a brand new role, so we expect its responsibilities and scope to evolve over time.
The ideal candidate will be flexible in their outlook, proactive in seeking out new ways to improve Zcash users’ experience, and will embody the Foundation’s values while fully aligning with its and .
The Community Support Coordinator will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
This is a contract position, with an initial term of three months.
Compensation will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and skills, and is expected to be in the $35-60 USD per hour range.
The ideal candidate will likely possess many (but not necessarily all) of the following personal attributes, skills, and experience:
- Familiar with cryptocurrencies in general, and Zcash in particular.
- At least two years’ experience in a user-facing technical support role (e.
helpdesk, customer support specialist, customer success).
- A technical background, with the ability to test software, attempt to replicate users’ issues, and help users diagnose problems on a variety of platforms (incl.
Windows, Linux, MacOS, and mobile).
- Strong communications skills, including fluent English (both written and spoken), and a talent for writing and communicating complex technical problems clearly.
- Self-motivated, with a desire to learn and work independently, with limited supervision.
- Empathy for users who possess limited technical knowledge, along with the ability to respond to users’ questions and feedback politely and patiently.
- Capable of identifying common trends between support requests to pre-empt future issues.
- Enjoys the challenge of solving open-ended problems in a timely manner, and tracking issues to their conclusion.
It is the Zcash Foundation’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, physical characteristics, family care, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In addition, the Zcash Foundation will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.