Who You Are:
The Compliance Associate will be responsible for maintaining the Firm’s compliance policies and procedures that are part of our robust BSA/AML compliance program across all business lines including but not limited to Trading, Lending, and Asset Management, focusing on KYC (Know Your Customer) and AML (Anti-Money Laundering) activities. This will include evaluation of client identification, risk profiles and other assessments. This role will interact with Senior Management, Legal, Technology, as well as clients, investors, and among other groups. This position will be physically located in the Bahamas.
What You’ll Do:
- OFAC, Sanctions, PEPS or adverse media: Conduct and review OFAC screens and research OFAC false positives and escalate potential OFAC issues for review; file OFAC reports if required.
- Conduct Customer Due Diligence, review Customer Risk Ranking, conduct Enhanced Due Diligence, escalate potential AML risks with recommendations for mitigation.
- Conduct first-level review of all transaction monitoring alerts
- Investigating, analyzing and identifying AML alerts which may lead to filing suspicious activity reports as required by law.
- Implement respective BSA/AML and OFAC procedures and recommend procedure improvements based on regulations and industry practices that correspond to the Company’s business model.
- Ensure appropriate adherence to CDD, EDD and Transaction Monitoring processes while providing a positive experience for clients
- Identify compliance and risk issues.
- Assist institutional clients and investors during the onboarding process, which will include questions regarding onboarding to Galaxy and also onboarding Galaxy to their platform
- Provide an exceptional “client-first” experience both through email and over scheduled phone calls with business personnel to properly ensure the correct guidance and information is given to clients and investors
What We’re Looking For:
- Preference for working in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience conducting KYC onboarding reviews
- Experience conducting and dispositioning transaction monitoring alerts and cases
- Knowledge of BSA/AML, CDD, EDD, and Transaction Monitoring requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and functions
- Experience, knowledge and interest in cryptocurrency a plus