AZA Finance is an established provider of currency trading and cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, AZA Finance is able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets.
We make international Payments, FX and Treasury through our web and API platforms easier and better for enterprises doing business in Africa. All directed by our expert team, who bring decades of experience in frontier markets, fintech and financial services to your business.
Our partners utilise our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks, mobile money operators and payments aggregators across Africa.
Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA is a market-maker in every major African currency. AZA Finance was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala, Accra, Durban and Dakar.
As the Compliance and Due Diligence Officer, you will be supporting in the conducting of KYC/CDD reviews as well as transaction monitoring activities for new and existing customers within a specified TAT.
You will also play a critical role in rendition of regulatory AML returns to relevant agencies. AML Compliance is critical to our business as well as our compliance customer risk management program so we’re looking for a compliance officer who is diligent, flexible, innovative, broad-minded with the relevant experience and skills, to work together with the compliance team to maintain excellent standards in AML/ KYC/CDD/EDD. This is an exciting opportunity to help take Africa’s leading digital F/X company to the next level.
How your skills and passion will come to life at AZA:
- Monitoring and reviewing customer transactions via the AML monitoring tool to Identify and escalate potential high risk and financial crimes risk potential financial crimes risk issues
- Review of alerts and create cases for unusual transactions , initiate RFIs and follow up with reverse RFIs to ensure closeout with stipulated SLA.
- Support the compliance onboarding review of new and existing customers in line with AZA requirements and best practice.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders within defined SLAs.
- Effectively collaborate with key internal stakeholders – Sales, Lead Generators, On boarders, Compliance, Legal, Account Mgt , Product etc.
- Provide input for Regulatory reporting on CTR, STR and other requirements
- Proactively Identify and fix inefficiencies in current workflows and processes
- Keeping up to date with local and international risk management issues to update the team.
- Carry out other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of AML and sanctions screening process
- At least 5 years of experience in AML/KYC/CDD in a banking or financial institution
- First degree in banking/financial institution or any related field
- Evidence of ACAMS/ICA/ACFCS certification of training.
What we are looking for:
- Young professional who is ambitious, passionate, shows great accountability and flexibility
- Self-motivated with high integrity and innovation skills.
- Experience working with local /international FIs (Banks and Non-banks)
- Strong knowledge of local nuances and regulations in Ghana relating to FIs (Banks and Non-banks)
- Practical, hands on experience with AML tools for onboarding and transaction due diligence
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skill
- Creative problem solver and sound decision-maker with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Time management skills and coping with pressures and setbacks.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite Tools skills along with the willingness and ability to become familiar with Company-specific sales tools/software
- Diligence, Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player and good collaborator.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling start-ups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work-life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.
AZA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.