As one of the largest and most trusted
digital asset platforms
globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started.
We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines.
Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read to find out more about us!
About the role
Kraken is growing at a rapid pace, during an incredibly exciting time in the crypto industry.
We are looking for a manager to join the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) which is part of the Compliance department.
The purpose of this role is to manage teams of investigators that detect and assess the financial crime risks posed to Kraken.
FIU investigations have a direct impact on many business areas and are used to inform critical business decisions in Kraken.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent management, strategic, analytical, critical thinking and writing skills; be able to thrive in a high production environment; and enable their teams to deliver.
They must have proven ability to drive and improve operational processes.
Managers must be able to handle sensitive and high-risk cases and must maintain the highest ethical standards.
They must be able to engage credibly and confidently with senior colleagues inside and outside of Kraken, including other firms, law enforcement, national FIUs, and regulators.
As a senior role, we are looking for experienced managers that can build out new operational processes, identify and mitigate operational and compliance risk and help their teams thrive and drive high quality work.
- Ensure high quality output that meets SLAs and other internal requirements.
- Ensure consistency across the teams that you are responsible for and with other FIU teams.
- Ensure activity is in line with regulatory requirements and internal SOPs.
- Maintain and improve existing SOPs and develop new procedures where required.
- Motivate team leads and members to produce high-quality work, and meet SLAs and team goals.
- Mentor junior employees, support their development needs, and deal with poor performance as required.
- Work with other managers to regulate case volumes across teams, being flexible and collaborative, while remaining cognizant of SLA requirements.
- Identify and implement improvements in operational processes.
- Identify, lead, and contribute to other projects that will benefit FIU, Compliance department, and Kraken as required.
- Minimum four-year degree or equivalent experience.
Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Law, International Relations, Business Administration, Finance, or similar field preferred.
- 5+ years experience conducting AML investigations.
Additional 2+ years experience in transaction monitoring preferred.
- Investigations experience (private or government sector), ideally including crypto investigations.
- Experienced in managing teams of more than 10 people, either investigators or other compliance operational functions, and driving forward operational improvements.
- Strong leadership skills – Leading from the front and aligning teams to corporate mission, goals and company culture
- Flexibility to manage remote teams across varying time zones.
- Ability to manage a high workload and flexibility to pivot to new and emerging demands.
- Impeccable communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to produce high spec powerpoint presentations and present to senior and external stakeholders.
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Collaboration-oriented leadership with the ability to thrive as part of a team and be a constructive and considerate colleague.
- Ability to take ownership of work products and consistently deliver results in a high case volume production environment.
- CAMS or similar certification is a plus.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences.
We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know