Computer Science Ph.
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online.
We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention.
And we’re just getting started.
Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web.
Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers.
Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us what’s true and what’s not.
Brave is fighting back.
Brave is proud to offer summer internships for Ph.
-level students that involve working on ground-breaking technologies that make the web faster, safer, and more private for millions of people worldwide.
Brave’s mission is also to change the way advertising is done on the web.
You should be ready to tackle hard problems that involve building software that will be shipped to millions of people worldwide.
Brave is delving into challenges that are deeply connected to cutting-edge academic research.
To address many of these complex issues, we are in touch with several academic groups worldwide and we are excited to offer research internships for students who are currently enrolled in a Ph.
You will be part of Brave, will be paired with a mentor, and will be working alongside a larger Brave team.
We offer internships in both the US and Europe.
Most internships start in June 2023 and last three months, although there is some amount of flexibility for exceptional candidates.
Interest Areas for Internships:
- Machine learning/Federated Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Performance evaluations
- Private Recommendation Systems
- Privacy-preserving analytics
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Phishing and spam detection
- Internet/web measurements
- Cryptography/PIR schemes
- Anti-Fraud and Reputation Systems
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Highly competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
The salary for this role is $8,000/month for candidates in the United States and Europe.
Check us out
Listed in: , , , , , , , , , , , .