Are you an exceptional writer with highly developed project management skills and the ability to work with key internal stakeholders to produce meaningful results? Do you have excellent communications skills and the ability to manage relationships with important stakeholders in order to achieve your goals?
Parity’s Ecosystem and Business Development team is charged with the growth and success of the Polkadot ecosystem – from builders to supporters. We leverage a variety of resources across technical, BD, marketing, partnership, and other domains to support the ecosystem and facilitate growth of Polkadot, Kusama, and Substrate based teams. The Contributor Relations team focuses on engaging Polkadot supporters and builders from a Venture perspective – thus we act as the internal Venture Capital focused team at Parity across the entire Polkadot ecosystem. We work across time zones and have team members in most major global regions including North America, Europe, and Asia.
In this role on the Contributor Relations team, you will use your writing skills, project management, communication and interpersonal skills to support the development and execution of a strategy which ensures that Polkadot stakeholders and VC funds with a mandate to support the Polkadot ecosystem are participating in the Polkadot network (e.g. by participating in parachain auctions, governance, etc.) and supporting the development of early-stage companies leveraging Polkadot’s technology. Examples of supporters include crypto native VCs, financial VCs, corporate VCs, hedge funds, growth stage investors, family offices, pension funds, and sovereign wealth funds. Startups in our ecosystem operate across various sectors, including Defi, gaming, NFTs, metaverse, infrastructure, identity, smart contracts, privacy, bridges, and others.
Above all, the ideal candidate will have exceptional project management, communication (both written and verbal), and interpersonal skills. He or she should also demonstrate a proven interest in the blockchain / crypto space as well as genuine intellectual curiosity. Direct experience working in crypto / blockchain is not required but is helpful.
As part of our Contributor Relations team you will support and engage with key Polkadot stakeholders and VC funds. Specifically you will…
- Contribute to a communications strategy focused on our stakeholders. A key part of this will be ensuring stakeholders are kept up to date on Polkadot, Kusama and early-stage companies leveraging Polkadot’s technology. Such a strategy will include regular written communications, 1-1 meetings and events.
- Create internal processes and documentation in order to track the success of this strategy. Contribute to and expand internal resources of the Contributor Relations team. For example, scripts for relationship management with various parties, talking points, follow up emails, tracking of VCs globally, and analytics of VC interactions and outcomes.
- Participate in the continued development of a robust project pipeline. Maintain general awareness of the general Polkadot ecosystem to identify high quality projects, and facilitate high value outcomes based on this awareness.
- Develop key narratives describing Polkadot’s technology and ecosystem which serve to educate such stakeholders.
- Bachelors degree in Sciences, Engineering, or Business
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, for example in banking/finance (e.g. investment banking, equity research, asset management, venture capital etc.), a VC-funded tech start-up or a high-growth technology company
- Exceptional project management skills and high attention to detail – you should be able to juggle multiple high-priority projects and stick to deadlines
- Superb written/verbal communication skills (feel free to send us writing samples that you’ve written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Naturally curious and a strong synthesizer – you’re able to get up to speed on the Polkadot ecosystem, dive into complex technology, and write about it in an easy to understand fashion
- Passion and interest in decentralized technologies and the blockchain/crypto space
- Strong technical affinity and the ability to write confidently and accurately about blockchain technology to a non-technical audience
- Understanding of Polkadot as a technology platform, protocol, and ecosystem
- Familiarity with key blockchain trends/verticals such as L1s, L2s, Defi, NFT, gaming, infrastructure, etc.
- Previous work experience in the blockchain/crypto space
- Previous work experience in traditional VC or crypto VC
- Masters degree in Sciences, Engineering, or Business (e.g. MS or MBA)
- To see how we use your data, please see our Applicant Notice: