About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read to find out more about us!The RoleThis position is part of the UK based Finance team and the successful candidate will be responsible for the firm's regulatory reporting as well as managing the day to day finance function.You will manage Regulatory Returns as well as automate and enhance controls and reporting processes. In addition to the regulatory reporting, manage the team on month-end close, statutory audits, vat returns, ad hoc projects etc.Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is an important role requiring strong background in management accounting, excellent analytical skills, UK regulatory and people management experience.
- Accurate and timely delivery of all regulatory returns in line with FCA submission requirements
- Returns include COREP, FINREP, FSA029, FSA030, MIF001, etc
- Assist the controller with the preparation of the ICAAP/ICARA process
- Manage bank and clients’ account daily reconciliation for CASS.
- Manage the team on monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ability to investigate variances; including complex Intercompany Ledgers.
- Ensuring the correct accounting and compliance with applicable accounting standards.
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets, forecasts.
- Manage the production of monthly management accounts in line with the group reporting timetable and the deadlines.
- Manage the preparation of periodic statutory financial statements.
- Maintain and review procedure documentation
- Ensure strong governance is in place around regulatory reporting
- Business partnering with non-financial managers and stakeholders.
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing regulatory environment and dynamic industry
- Inquisitive and innovative; helping the team to drive improvements through efficiency
You will be experienced in Financial Regulatory reporting, ideally from an Investment, brokerage, Cryptocurrency Firm or comparable company.
- + 6 years experience working as senior accountant, ideally from a start-up company, investment firms, brokerage or financial services
- Experienced in regulatory reporting to the FCA
- Demonstrate extremely high-standards and is driven by accuracy, integrity, controls and governance;
- Excellent knowledge of current and future regulations; and
- Ability to work independently and within a team as well as able to manage other members of the team.
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CA/CIMA)
- Experience working with ERP systems is desirable.
Company ProfileKraken Futures and its associates operates an exciting and dynamic businesses with continuous growth. Through 2021 the company’s revenue increased exponentially, thereby increasing both the firm’s market share and making the company more competitive. Exponential growth is expected to continue in 2022 and beyond. The firm has a very relaxed and social culture and are hoping to find people who are equally dynamic and ambitious.We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Stay in the know