Total Compensation Value:
$150k – $300k (Salary + equity)NOTE: Actual offer will vary based on applicant location / cost of living, skillsets, and level of relevant experience
About the company:
Eastern (UTC -05:00) and Central European UTC (+1:00)Tessera provides ownership of the world’s most sought after NFTs! Working at Tessera, you will be building on the cutting edge of art, finance, and blockchain technology to help shape the future of digital collecting experiences.
You will get to work, learn and grow with an experienced team supported by incredible partnerships and committed investments from developers, collectors, investors, and thought leaders deeply passionate about the decentralization ecosystem.
You can read more from our medium posts here:
About the role:
We are looking for an exceptional data engineer to join our team.
They will work closely with our CTO and web stack team to build our databases with an anticipation of future data needs, identify where to find that data, and build scalable backend infrastructure.
The role will be expected to discover and aggregate data from different sources and blockchains using their skillsets which should include designing database architecture, data structures, ETL pipelines, API/SDK development, and some backend software development as we build our foundation for rapid growth, future data science initiatives, and continued innovation in this exciting space! Experience with blockchain, NFTs, and DeFi is preferred.
Our Evolving Tech Stack
Frontend: HTML, CSS, JS, Backend: Redis, MySQL, Infrastructure: AWS (S3), CloudfrontAutomated testing: CypressWeb3: Solidity / EthereumIntegrations: Various APIs, browser-based crypto wallets (e.
, MetaMask) etc.
What to expect
- Make a HUGE impact helping to bring ideas to reality
- An entry-point to learn highly valuable, and complex concepts related to art, finance, and technology in a full-time job in an industry growing exponentially, on a team with some of the leading NFT influencers
- Become a core member of a very passionate team in a friendly environment
- Work within a dynamic team, who challenges the status quo and champions agile working plus continuous improvement
In this role you will be expected to…
- Work with our development team to continually release technical enhancements
- Be responsible for
identifying and anticipating our data needs
and optimizing our backend software infrastructure
, setting data priorities, and building a scalable foundation for our fast evolving site
- Own the data lifecycle (from ingest and automated quality checks, to discovery and usage, and database setup)
- Build custom integrations between cloud-based or blockchain-based systems using APIs
- Design efficient data structures, database schemas and ETL pipelines in anticipation of future needs
- Ship high-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable code
- Write server scripts and APIs
- Routinely inspect server code for speed optimization and practical trade-offs
- Build a scalable NFT metadata backend infrastructure for
- Incorporate data processing and workflow management tools into pipeline design (AWS etc.
- Design, develop, and optimize data pipelines and backend services for real-time decisioning, reporting, data collection, and related features / functions
- Drive strategic technology decisions related to the appropriate data stores for the job (e.
, warehouses etc.
- (Long-term) Architect, build, and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to the team
- Wrangle large-scale data sets from the blockchain and other site APIs (e.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines you create
- Strong technical and non-technical communication abilities, both verbal and written
- Our fast-paced, agile development environment will require a penchant for task management and respect for efficient, best practice development principles as well!
What we’re looking for
- 3+ months of tinkering and/or participating somewhere in Web3 (DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, etc.
- 3 or more years of relevant software experience in a data or backend-focused role
- Experience designing data structures, database schemas and ETL pipelines from scratch
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Experience with scalable cloud-based solutions
- A pro-active and autonomous team player, self-starter with the ability to anticipate future needs
- Capable of prioritizing multiple project in order to meet goals without management oversight
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and product management to understand requirements, describe data priorities and challenges, and technical design needs
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to drive via influence
Bonus points for
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, or a related technical field
- Previous experience in a start-up environment
- Previous experience in a data strategy / data researcher role
- Previous experience in a highly scaled, major tech company
- Experience working with and building structures to extract, transform, and load blockchain transaction data
- Understanding of various DeFi and NFT platforms
What we're offering
- Competitive salary (and equity) in an exciting space driving disruptive innovation
- The opportunity to accelerate our growing organization
- A remote work environment with competitive benefits and holidays
- Crypto native colleagues that want to change the world!
- 7 additional company holidays, including all-company week-long winter break
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance for US-based employees
- Agile working environment with flexible working hours and location, career advancement, and competitive compensation package
- We arrange social activities to help our employees become familiar with each other and our culture
If you’re convinced you are the right fit and you can’t wait to join our team, we look forward to hearing from you!
I am an experienced engineer but I've only participated (not worked) with Web3, crypto, or DeFi before… should I apply?
Yes! This is a new and growing space.
If you are passionate about new things and excited to dive into a this expanding field full-time after playing along and participating from the sidelines, come grow with us!Once you've applied, please be patient 🙂 we are still establishing our operations so it may take us up to 1-2 weeks to get back to you!
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification.
At Tessera we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.