We are looking for a Machine Learning Data Scientist to work within the Ads Planning, Forecasting, and Opportunities team. This is a new team in Reddit Ads with the mission of building data intelligence and ML solutions for ads planning, optimization and automation. Some of the areas this team is responsible for include:
- Planning advertiser engagements and ad campaign execution – develop scalable data processing pipelines and data analytics services for advertiser facing products that derive marketplace insights and leverage them to help Sales, Account Managers, and Advertisers to plan, execute, and optimize their ad spend on Reddit.
- Forecasting the effectiveness of an ad campaign – employ machine learning to forecast the outcomes of an ad campaign to help advertisers plan their campaigns.
- Opportunities – automatically analyze the performance of ad campaigns; derive and surface actionable suggestions (e.g. bid recommendation) to advertisers and account/campaigns managers on how to optimize the performance and improve return on investment.
You will work closely with engineers and product managers from our Ads team to 1) develop ML algorithms and toolings to empower various advertiser facing products, 2) shape the product roadmap and strategy. This person has a solid business acumen and knows what is important to advertisers and users (i.e. redditors). In addition, this person needs to demonstrate strong cross-functional stakeholders management capabilities.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We’re completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
- Develop time series forecasting models using the most cutting edge algorithms to empower various advertiser facing products.
- Work with product managers, engineers, designers, marketing, sales and a wider set of cross-functional partners to design, implement, and launch delightful products that improve business performance.
- Be involved in all phases of modeling such as ideation, offline modeling, online implementation, experimentation, deploy and post-launch monitoring/measurements.
- This role will have a lot of overlap with other Machine Learning Engineer roles, but will differ in a couple of areas. First is that you will focus on offline model prototyping and feature/model pipeline building, while relying on engineers for model serving. Secondly, you will have a keen interest in the collection and quality of underlying data (experiment design and analysis, data deep dive), along with working on ETLs and data aggregations.
- Partner with the Advertiser Platform team to enhance Reddit’s Ads Manager. Build tools that allow account managers to perform advanced campaign optimization on their own.
What We Can Expect From You:
- Working knowledge in predictive forecasting models (e.g. time series modeling)
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Economics, or other quantitative fields
- Master’s or PhD degree is preferred but not required
- Proficiency in machine learning, statistical modeling, and optimization
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Familiarity with at least one of the Deep Learning platforms (e.g. Pytorch, Tensorflow)
- Strong skills in SQL and programming (Python or R)
- Experience in online advertising is preferred but not required