Bitstamp is the original Cryptocurrency Exchange.
Since 2011 when we started in a garage with just two laptops and some big ideas, we have been at the forefront of the crypto industry, driving innovation and ensuring that above all else we are human in our approach, trusted by our customers and, with an unwavering belief in blockchain technology, providing secure and innovative access to crypto to all corners of the world.
Our success has been always about the amazing ideas, talent and passion of our people and the disruption we have created together on our crazy crypto journey.
We are growing faster than ever, creating opportunities where we find the best people and always looking for the next bunch of crypto-curious thinkers and individuals who want to make the next difference.
As a DevOps Engineer you’ll join Data Platform Team who are passionate about improving and maintain data platform which is used to gather, transform and serve data from various sources across organization.
As we scale, our Data Platform is becoming increasingly important for delivery of new product, data analysis and integration of various internal applications.
Our tech stack is Python, Docker, Airflow, AWS Athena and Spark on AWS EMR various adapters.
What you’ll do
- Design, automate and operate CICD & testing environments and infrastructure for Data Platform team.
- Work closely (be part of) Data Platform team.
Share the DevOps knowledge and work with them to find the right solution for the problem.
- Gather metrics and use them to make informed decisions.
Together with team, setup and tracks SLAs.
- Work closely with engineering teams to enable quick and independent development cycles and fast product delivery.
- Effectively communicate with team members and technical stakeholders – infrastructure cloud engineers and security engineers.
On day one you’ll bring
- DevOps and “shift left” mindset.
- Solid experience with Docker, IaC, AWS and CloudFormation/CDK.
- Solid Linux fundamentals and administration skills.
- Proficient in bash programming.
We’ll love it even more if you have
- Experience with Big Data systems.
- Experience with handling permissions in AWS.
- Solid knowledge of network.
- Familiarity with agile practices and lean development processes.
- Python knowledge.
- SQL knowledge.
You will fit right in at Bitstamp if you are
- A Creative thinker – a box? what box? there is no box.
- A Self-solver – you are resourceful and seek solutions through collaboration.
- Visionary – imagine what is possible and have the courage to take risks that will drive our business forward.
- Remote working/full time in Slovenia and Croatia.
The benefits of Life at Bitstamp
- A truly flexible working environment and an ability to work where you are most productive.
Sometimes at work, sometimes at home, sometimes on the move.
- Access to great technology (with a choice of laptops!).
- Generous home office allowances on joining to help set up your home space.
- Long term employment, training and development opportunities, great company culture.
- Competitive benefit programs developing for each market.
- Industry mentors, and opportunities to develop and learn from others.
- Internal Gaming Tournaments and regular collaboration events.
- Bitstamp Cares 💚.
The communities which are important to our people are important to us, and we are active in our support and celebrations.
- A VERY pet friendly office culture.
We love animals (actually are kind of crazy for them) and celebrate the love and companionship they share with us.
Please bring them with you to work (seriously).
- Delicious breakfast, fresh fruit, snacks, cofee, tea, full fridge of beverages and ice cream in collaboration hubs.
Bitstampers are truly passionate about bringing cryptocurrency to the mainstream and championing independent investing with life changing potential.
We are proud to be leading the way in creating access to this next generation of finance and have become the world’s longest-running cryptocurrency exchange by driving innovation and ensuring that we are, above all else, human in our approach, trusted by our customers and, with an unwavering belief in blockchain technology, always strive to provide secure and innovative crypto access to all corners of the world.
This doesn’t happen by chance, and we believe our success has come from our belief in the power of being different and finding people who want to explore together, create together and support each other’s growth.
We have already achieved so much, and have our sights set firmly on our future.
Come join in our revolution and be part of the Bitstamp story.