We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to , and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people.
We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.
0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto.
Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team.
First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves.
Second, we expect all employees to commit to our to our work.
Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy.
You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning.
You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.
- You appreciate direct communication.
You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other.
You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly.
Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too.
What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you.
You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude.
Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines.
Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team.
We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
This role can be based in the UK or Ireland.
Coinbase is leading the expansion of digital currency into the financial mainstream.
We are building a world-class legal team to support Coinbase and its affiliates as we continue to grow the company in the U.
You will be working in a cutting edge and fast paced environment, where disruptive technologies and unconventional thinking are the norm.
Given the nascent state of the law, novel legal guidance is needed!
We are looking for a passionate patent counsel who can help us build a defensive patent portfolio to protect Coinbase and the crypto community.
A good sense of humor and a desire to have fun at work are pluses!
What you’ll be doing (ie.
- Develop and lead our team’s engagement strategy with significant regulators outside the US, in particular across Europe and Asia
- Provide practical, in-depth thought leadership on legal issues and risks in a risk-tolerant, but compliance-oriented environment, including the impact on the company’s long-term strategy to business and legal audiences
- Proactively solve process and other problems for the business as they plan and execute on an accelerated and aggressive global growth plan
- Analyze and advise on complex, new regulatory guidance in financial, crypto, and tech sectors
- Manage a multi-jurisdiction regulatory team, including local lawyers providing regulatory and entity operations guidance
- Serve as point of coordination for regulatory strategy across Compliance and Policy teams
- Support Policy team engagement with strategic engagement to appointed regulatory leadership, legislators, and similar government leaders outside the US
- Collaborate closely with leadership across Legal team, in particular Product Legal, Commercial Legal, and Corporate Legal
What we look for in you (ie.
- Law degree
- Substantial experience developing and successfully executing international regulatory engagement strategy, including product-specific
- Substantial experience translating complex, new regulatory guidance into actionable business guidance for product strategy
- Experience in financial, crypto, and/or tech sectors and applicable regulatory regimes
- Experience supporting new entities and providing legal guidance for growing local operations
- Experience leading a multi-jurisdiction legal team
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and preconceived notions of what is possible as well as working in areas where regulation is still evolving
- Excellent judgement, analytical rigor, clear communication, and business pragmatism
We are looking for an experienced and action-oriented regulatory lawyer and leader who can help Coinbase build successful relationships with regulators and guide the growth of our business internationally.
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law).
If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
For US applicants, you may view , and notices by clicking on their corresponding links.
Additionally, Coinbase participates in the in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.
com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site a free compatible screen reader .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.
Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available .
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.