We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to , and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
In this role, you’ll serve as the head of Coinbase’s APAC Biz Ops team. You’ll act as a key thought partner for and member of our APAC leadership team, partnering closely with our Regional Managing Directors across APAC as a whole. You’ll feel equally comfortable collaborating with Product teams on product opportunities for driving growth and with GTM teams on the substance of our teams’ plans. You will build a team of in-market Biz Ops leads across APAC, both identifying best practices across markets and identifying local market nuances within APAC
Successful candidates for this position will be highly logical thinkers, curious learners, and experienced people managers – preferably with broad experience in Biz Ops/Strategy work and in growing international businesses in fintech or consumer tech.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Partner with our Expansion team to launch successfully in new markets
- Identify and execute on key growth-enabling opportunities in existing markets
- Lead teams to structure complex and frequently ambiguous problems for both our product/eng and non-Prod/eng teams
- Serve as a thought leader for Coinbase on white space business, product, and non-product opportunities for each of your partner orgs
- Act as a talent magnet to build and develop a world-class team across the region
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience (MBA a plus)
- 10+ years of combined experience at a top-tier management consulting firm and/or tech, financial services, or fintech
- History of leading teams in either a professional services or industry capacity
- Outstanding executive-level verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for solving complex problems, and building scalable processes
- Comfort working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with regulated financial services businesses
- Familiarity with one or more of Customer Support, Legal, Compliance, and Policy
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view , and notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site a free compatible screen reader .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.