Who You Are:
Candidate sought for Director of market risk and portfolio construction role.
The candidate will report to the CRO and will be responsible for the market risk across the five synergistic business lines.
Collaborate with the business heads in the construction of portfolios across Galaxy digital.
The candidate should have 7+ year of prior work experience in risk.
Your role is to collaborate with portfolio managers and traders on portfolio construction, investment and risk analysis and ensure that the CRO and senior management is informed of the risks.
What You’ll Do:
- Experienced in risk management, software engineering, quantitative development, operations and systematic trading
- Onboard risk systems for Risk and portfolio management teams
- Coordinate with business development to onboard new businesses
- Execute across Galaxy’s business lines
- Strategic initiatives
- Portfolio Construction and Capital Allocation
- Assist in designing Risk Framework for the multiple business lines
- Work with CRO and business heads to establish and write risk policy and procedures for businesses, risk takers and strategies
- Develop Risk reports and visualization with risk analysts
- Develop Performance attribution Framework
- Collaborate with Quantitative and Developer resources
- Integral part of the continuity plan
- Coordinate with the business, Ops, Middle office and Core development team to finalize new business and new instrument proposals
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Risk operations of Galaxy Digital
- Assist on the execution on the current vision of the senior management of Galaxy Digital
- Onboarding and implementation of new teams within the business lines
- Oversee risk management of asset management, systematic and quantitative market making and trading businesses
What We’re Looking For:
- 7+ years of risk management experience in finance
- Degree in finance, computer science or other quantitative subjects
- Experience with financial data and processes
- Knowledge of market structure and market data
- Experience in Python, SQL, Excel and Tableau
- Good communication skills and is a critical thinker
- Deep knowledge of Digital Assets and DeFi
Apply now and join us on our mission to engineer a new economic paradigm.