Engineering Lead – Parachains
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure for blockchains and Web 3.
This means dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications.
We are looking to expand our Parachains Core team, which is responsible for developing the software and protocols used in Polkadot’s Parachains technology – primarily Parity’s Polkadot node itself and to some extent the Substrate stack it builds upon.
This is a hybrid engineering management/product management position.
We’re looking for a crypto-native leader with a high-level protocol understanding who can comprehend the positioning of Polkadot in the rapidly-evolving blockchain space and execute accordingly.
Day to Day:
You’ll work closely with senior engineers to plan and execute key features and work to expand the team and deepen its focus on critical areas:
- p2p networking, cryptography, network incentives, specification and scalability
- Fostering collaboration of the Parachains Core team with other technology and research teams both inside and outside of Parity.
- Working with the Marketing, Ecosystem, and Business Development arms of Parity to ensure the highest levels of reach and adoption for parachains technology and establishing relationships with key ecosystem actors.
- Owning, driving and continuously improving the technology vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Helping to drive the business from a technology standpoint, working closely with key stakeholders, partners and the ecosystem.
We’re looking for an ambitious, humble, uncompromising, and capable leader with a passion for building unstoppable, ethical, and technical systems with real adoption.
What you’ll bring
- Unrivalled passion for Blockchain and Web3
- Proven experience in developing cutting-edge software, ideally in an open-source environment
- Experience building products from early-stage through to scaling and maturity
- Ability to critically assess and drive the scalability of product and tech
- Knowledge of blockchain node and protocol development, understanding of emerging technology trends
- Excellent leadership skills, including a track record of coaching and mentorship
- A highly collaborative approach, the ability to work well with stakeholders across the business and externally
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building the most cutting-edge technology for the future web.
Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom, and autonomy to achieve that goal.
- Parity engineering is a remote-first team.
Bringing everyone together is something we value greatly, so we regularly go on team/department/company retreats.