Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We’re and will continue to be after the pandemic.
We’re hiring an engineering manager to lead the Revenue Lifecycle team within the Ads Engineering org. Ads provide the fuel for Reddit’s mission – it’s our primary source of revenue. This team is focused around that financial relationship with the advertiser.
You’ll be leading a distributed team of 5-6 software engineers across the CONUS (our team was remote-first even before the pandemic). Your first six months may require some tech lead responsibilities, but the expectation is that you will eventually settle into a people-management role as your team grows.
You will ensure that advertisers have a seamless financial experience on our platform. Any blip in the experience can be a make-or-break point. Here are some example projects that your team will work on:
- Internationalization efforts – Build support for new payment methods and currencies. Add features to support customers’ tax requirements in their countries.
- Codify sales contracts into funding sources that put system constraints on ad delivery, based on budgetary discretion of the customer.
- Re-build our customer facing UI for our managed advertisers – the segment of our customer base that has reddit sales’ support. Create features expected for b2b relationships – detailed receipts and invoices, visibility into lines of credit and available funds.
- Design roles-based permissions to support business-management of their advertiser accounts.
- End-to-end automation of lines of credit – advertisers apply for credit on the ads platform, the credit check policy is executed automatically, then converted into ads credit that enables ad delivery in our platform.
- Lead a team of backend and full-stack engineers, from junior to senior levels.
- Lead, coordinate, and execute a vision for the Revenue Lifecycle of the advertiser
- Set and enforce a high-quality bar for code, system design, and verbal/written communication. This team has a high cost for low-quality – every penny counts!
- Set and support a culture of data-informed decision making, with transparency and efficient processes
- Collaborate with product managers, data scientists, and other internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for system improvements and product enhancements
- Partner with senior and peer management on roadmapping and execution
- Participate in the full development cycle: design, development, QA, experimentation, analysis, launch, and monitoring
- 1+ year of supporting and growing engineering teams
- Experience managing a team including hiring, onboarding, and professional development
- Several years of software development experience in front-end or fullstack engineering
- You’re technical, enough to solve almost any problem your team has yourself, but you prefer to guide your team into solving them
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You must be able to collaborate effectively with teams in a fully-remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with data driven/informed decision making
- Familiarity with the team’s tech stack, or a proven history on quickly reaching proficiency in unfamiliar tools/languages
- Proven record of shipping end-user facing web products in a B2B environment
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems hosted in cloud environments
- Experience with Ads or Financial systems
- Languages: Typescript, Python
- Frameworks: React/Redux, Thrift, Baseplate, Kafka, SQS
- Datastores: Postgres, Druid, Redis, BigQuery
- Tools: Kubernetes, Airflow, Docker