FiL Infra’s mission is to operate and monitor core Filecoin network infrastructure and drive operational improvements in Lotus to increase network resiliency and general Filecoin adoption.
As Engineering Manager at Protocol Labs, you will…
- Magnify the impact of multiple teams of software engineers and open source contributors in their implementation of complex, distributed systems and protocols.
- Grow engineers’ skills, experience and confidence through regular 1:1s, coaching, actionable feedback, work and peer alignment, and career advocacy.
- Lead, improve, and document processes for technical prioritization, planning, design, implementation and releases in harmony with and expanding open source community participation.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders and adjacent teams to build a shared understanding and accommodation of competing priorities.
- Empower engineers to solve problems, fostering a balance of velocity and rigor through scalable, asynchronous decision-making practices.
- Maintain and strengthen a team and community culture of growth, openness, trust, rigor, humility, mutual support, and psychological safety.
- Advocate for and enhance PL’s asynchronous, autonomous, and distributed working culture.
- Lead the process of recruiting great engineers for your project, in collaboration with PL’s recruiting team.
- Support and guide other people-managers at Protocol Labs as a member of PL’s young engineering management discipline.
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- Demonstrable success as an engineering lead/manager fostering highly-functional, healthy, inclusive and collaborative teams.
- Technical credibility through lengthy software engineering experience with back-end and distributed systems and infrastructure.
- A strong desire for and history of contributions to open source projects and communities.
- Experience working with and/or managing geographically distributed teams.
- Actively coached, mentored and grown team members in their careers.
- Ability to thrive with a high level of self-direction, autonomy and responsibility.
- A track record of recruiting and retaining great people to your teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An excitement for collaborating with people across Protocol Labs towards our shared mission.
- You have experience with or deep knowledge of cryptography, globally distributed systems, blockchain or other related domains.
- Demonstrable open source community curation and leadership experience.