We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to , and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people.
We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.
0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto.
Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team.
First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves.
Second, we expect all employees to commit to our to our work.
Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture.
We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy.
You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning.
You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.
- You appreciate direct communication.
You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other.
You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly.
Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too.
What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you.
You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude.
Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines.
Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team.
We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Security Engineering Key Orchestration team plays a critical part in ensuring Coinbase securely manages digital assets.
This team builds services to automate the configuration and coordination of services relating to digital asset infrastructure.
As the Engineering Manager, you will play a critical role in force multiplying the effectiveness of the engineering team.
You will enable your team to build a high-performance user friendly platform that makes interacting with digital asset infrastructure easy to manage for Engineering, Security and Product teams.
Your team will be responsible for building the platform helping secure the digital asset infrastructure.
What you’ll be doing (i.
- Coach engineers on your team and help them find fulfilling growth paths.
- Enable your team to ship critical projects relating to digital asset infrastructure.
- Enable your team to break down sophisticated projects into smaller pieces and iterate on their design and implementation.
- Work with the talent team to build your team.
- Create a positive energy work environment where engineers from all backgrounds can do their best work.
- Setting and maintaining Service Level Agreements, Reliability metrics and on-call rotations for the systems the team owns.
- Work closely with Security, Engineering and Product across Coinbase to create strategies for improving the way customers interact with digital asset infrastructure.
- Project and capacity planning.
What we look for in you:
- Multiple, real world examples of successes and failures as a Manager, and be ready to share what you learned.
- Experience attracting, retaining and developing phenomenal talent on your team.
- Experience working on engineering teams that service other engineering teams.
- Strong written and verbal communicator, and an even better listener.
- Proven ability to coach your team through in managing ambiguity, holding themselves accountable and building what customers want.
- Experience enabling a team to ship complex and multi-quarter projects successfully.
- Experience working in a critical path software environment.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with working in rapid growth environments
- Experience in working in a hardware and software environment with physical inventory management dependencies
- Experience in Golang, object-oriented programming languages and Docker
- Strong opinions on key management software design
- Experience being a risk manager
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law).
If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
For US applicants, you may view , and notices by clicking on their corresponding links.
Additionally, Coinbase participates in the in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.
com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site a free compatible screen reader .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants.
Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available .
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.