AZA Finance is the largest non-bank in Africa and an established provider of Payments, FX and Treasury providing cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology with our proprietary technology, AZA Finance is able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets.
Our API product provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API while our Web-Based platform is our B2B over-the-counter product that caters to businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA Finance is a market-maker in every major African currency. AZA Finance was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala, Accra, Durban and Dakar.
- Line-manage a cross functional team of up to 10 engineers with varying skillsets and experience.
- Coach, mentor and assist your team to further their professional development.
- Communicate, both in writing and verbally, a clear vision and strategy for the team that is aligned with the overall company vision and strategy.
- Create an inclusive team environment where everyone feels heard.
- Collaborate with the other Engineering leaders to contribute to company-wide best practices and standards.
- Participate in recruitment, onboarding and career progression of new engineers.
- Report the development progress of your team members to the Engineering Manager.
- Collaborate with Tech Leads, Product Managers and the Delivery Team to engage with non-technical stakeholders to help plan, size and scope delivery of multiple quarterly initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Engineering Manager and other Team Leads on available capacity to pick up new initiatives.
- Participate in and help lead agile development-related meetings, including daily standups, retrospectives and grooming sessions.
- Ensure stakeholders have the latest progress updates done by the team.
- Provide opportunities and support for your team members to own quarterly initiatives through to completion.
- Collaborate with the Product Management and Delivery Team to keep delivery on track.
- Participate in technical discussions to understand and challenge engineering decisions.
- Collaborate with Tech Leads to empower the team to make technical decisions themselves.
- Ensure the team appropriately applies DevSecOps practices to continuously deliver high-quality software at pace.
- A history of hands-on software engineering.
- A track record of growing engineers.
- Ability to motivate team members to perform to the best of their ability and take accountability for the outcomes of performance.
- Good understanding of agile methodologies suited to a continuous delivery environment.
- Desired Working collaboratively with your reports, peers and stakeholders to deliver work to ambitious time scales
- Technical design and service architecture experience, enough to be a technical sounding board to the team for solution designs.
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails, Node.js and/or React.js frameworks.
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling startups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work -life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.
- …… and more!!
AZA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.