About us:Founded in 2013, GSR is a crypto market maker with more than 300 employees in 5 countries. We provide billions of dollars of liquidity to cryptocurrency protocols and exchanges on a daily basis. We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 60 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time. Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, and Tower Research among others, has developed one of the world’s fastest and most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem. About GSR Foundation:The GSR Foundation aims to deliver diversity in an increasingly technology-driven world and ensure inclusion in the digital future for those underrepresented today. We carry out our mission by investing in reputable and impactful charities and independent projects worldwide, always with an eye to dynamic organizations with an innovative approach.We are looking for an outstanding leader to become its first Executive Director. You will play a key role in establishing the GSR Foundation as a force for good within the technology sector and the digital tomorrow that it creates.
The Executive Director will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing the Foundation's day-to-day operations, providing executive direction of program strategy while ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Working collaboratively with the trustees of the Foundation to shape the vision, strategy and governing policies of the organization.
- Developing the budget and managing the overall finances and administration of the Foundation.
- Developing a rigorous framework and processes for evaluating and selecting beneficiary charities and projects.
- Working collaboratively with the trustees of the Foundation to shape strategy and develop governing policies.
- Establishing best practices in all areas of operation and building and managing a workforce including full-time and volunteer staff.
- Working closely with the Foundation's trustees and GSR internal stakeholders to establish the Foundation's public profile and act as a public face of the Foundation where appropriate.
- Overseeing all external communication materials, including website, PR, annual letter, impact reporting, and social media content.
Essential experience and knowledge:
- Demonstrable affinity with the aims of the GSR Foundation.
- Highly independent and self-motivated leadership style with a creative and collaborative approach.
- Previous experience in developing and leading a successful philanthropic strategy and governing policies.
- Strong operational and financial management skills.
- Strong credibility and excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with trustees, beneficiaries, colleagues, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the fintech or technology sectors is a plus. In addition, a keen interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology is highly desired.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and their effective use in a communications strategy is also expected.
What we offer: A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance. Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus’ payments a year. Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office. Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, New York, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.Regular Town Halls and off-sites, team lunches and drinks. A Corporate and Social Responsibility program as well as charity fundraising matching and volunteer days. Immigration and relocation support where required.GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role. Learn more about us at .