Facilities Assistant – Lisbon
Parity Technologies builds core infrastructure to power a better internet—one that respects the freedom and data of individuals—and to empower developers to create better services through decentralised tech.
Parity’s technologies include Substrate, a flexible framework for building blockchains and Polkadot, a protocol for connecting and securing blockchains.
As the Facilities Assistant you will work alongside our Facilities Manager, and become a direct point of contact for any external requests received from our suppliers.
You’ll also be expected to step up and manage the office during any absence of the Facilities Manager.
While Parity is a remote-first company, the office plays an important role as a space for team members to meet, collaborate, and connect with each other.
It should serve as a view into the company for external visitors.
As the Facilities Assistant, you will strive to make the office a fun, exciting, interesting space for team members to choose to work.
The ideal candidate should be a dedicated and well-organised, energetic professional who is ready to take on a new challenge.
You will be part of the Operations team and your duties will include, but are not limited to:
FAs support the Facilities Manager with office management duties (soft FM), taking on delegated workloads, but also having defined responsibilities.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the FM with scheduling and delivering events
- Being available OOO as an emergency contact
- Help provide a high-quality safe working environment, which is compliant with current health & safety legislation, other relevant environmental regulations, company standards and industry best practices.
- Becoming a Fire Marshal and First Aider
- Assist the FM in reviewing existing suppliers against budgets and performance
- Produce research and evaluation regarding potential new suppliers
- Assist in the management of local contractors and service partners
- Stakeholder management of all workspace users
- Direct collaboration with Ops colleagues in different teams
- Assist with the general management and maintenance of our office floor(s), including arranging any necessary repairs
- Overall front office activities including general support to visitors and team members, handling in- and outbound mail, purchasing/invoicing and facilities management, including cleaning and security services
- Stocking each floor of all appropriate facilities supplies
- Assist with the review of risk management procedures for the office
- Keep an organised office inventory
- Complete walk-through audits on a daily basis, to ensure that maintenance issues are documented and that office supplies, including refreshments, are satisfactory.
- Office experience or equivalent
- Excellent time management (ability to multitask and prioritise work) and creative problem solving skills to suggest improvements
- Very strong organisational and planning skills
- Proactive, hands-on and resilient self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with Portuguese language at near-native level or C1 equivalent
- Experienced at using Gmail, Docs and Spreadsheets
- Diligent, organised and methodical
- Experience with Portuguese bureaucratic processes and different entities
- Has awareness of Facilities Management
- Experience of working with stakeholders
- Good numerical skills
- Happy and able to carry out the physical tasks associated with the role
- Willing to embrace learning and CPD within Facilities Management
- Has knowledge/awareness of Web3 ambitions, especially Polkadot
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Experience with project management tools like Trello, Asana or Notion
- Interest in or even experience with blockchain or open-source software
- BA/BSc or equivalent
- Experience of working on projects
- Experience of working within office management/FM
- Experience of working with procurement/tender processes
- Formal FM qualifications
- English language skills at near-native level or C1 equivalent, plus Native Portuguese
Listed in: , , , , , , , , , , , , .