About the Ethereum Foundation
The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Ethereum and related technologies.
Our mission is to do what is best for Ethereum’s long-term success.
Our role is to allocate resources to critical projects, to be a valued voice within the Ethereum ecosystem, and to advocate for Ethereum to the outside world.
is building tools for smart contract development.
We are dedicated to helping the Ethereum community by improving its developer experience and often collaborate with different teams from the Ethereum ecosystem (e.
the Solidity team).
We focus on multiple areas of developer tooling:+ Remix libraries are a set of modules critical for dev tools (solidity compiler, unit testing, debugging, static analysis, …).
+ Remix IDE is the application front end which makes use of these modules.
+ Remix plugins provides an API for external teams to integrate with Remix IDE.
As a member of our team, you will help us maintain and break new ground in blockchain development.
We are located in Berlin in a wonderful office but remote working is also possible.
Our team is composed of people from Berlin and abroad (France, US, India, Nigeria).
We usually meet everyone in person several times a year for team gathering or conferences (Devcon, EthCC, Dappcon, etc.
We are looking for a talented frontend developer with strong React skills to help us design, build and maintain Remix IDE.
We aim to diversify the scope of your activities as much as possible, and you will work with us in the Remix IDE project in organizing workshops, keeping in touch with the community and trying to make blockchain development accessible to the mainstream.
- Build react views and components for Remix IDE.
- Maintain/Improving our testing stack (nightwatch).
- Support blockchain developers in our gitter channel and help beginners on their first approach to blockchain development.
- Write clear and comprehensive technical documentation.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar.
- At least 2+ years experience in software development.
- Familiar with open source projects and git.
- Familiar with UI frameworks such as Bootstrap, Mui.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of Ethereum frameworks (e.
- Familiarity with the Ethereum ecosystem and the technology
- Optimally full-time position
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive compensation
- Remote (Berlin-based is a plus!)
To apply to this position, please respond to our questions in the application form, along with a resume or CV.
Bonus points for adding a link to open source contributions or projects done by you!