AZA Finance is an established provider of currency trading and cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, AZA is able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets.
Our API product provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API while our Web-Based platform is our B2B over-the-counter product that caters to businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Our partners utilise our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks, mobile money operators and payments aggregators across Africa. Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA is a market-maker in every major African currency. AZA was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala and Dakar.
AZA is seeking a highly talented and motivated Trading Associate who is looking to take a position in a fast-paced company. The Trading Associate is responsible for currency trading, operations, pricing and settlement of trades. This is an exciting opportunity to help Africa’s leading digital currency startup build a brand in East and West Africa.
- Pricing and market making in several currency pair as well monitoring competitor pricing with brokers, banks, black markets etc.
- Collaborate with the sales team to maximise price effectiveness vs. profitability.
- Ensuring all client trades and treasury trades are booked and completed for accuracy in margin reporting.
- Updating rates to clients and ensuring they are reflective on the platform.
- Proprietary trading- drive foreign currency trading in major currencies
- Full life cycle trade responsibilities, build pre-trade analysis, execution, funds allocation and settlement across multiple strategies, brokers and banks.
- Managing float across dozens of accounts in multiple currencies.
- Cashflow projections and analysis based on fund flows
- Managing relationships with trading counter-parties.
- Quantify risks across multiple African currency balances.
- Make recommendations to improve trading procedures (reduce risk, increase efficiency, maximise profitability).
- Provide recommendations for automation, risk mitigation, or any other policies and procedures.
- University Degree preferably in Finance, statistics, Economics, actuarial
- ACI will be an added advantage
- Deep experience in trading and treasury, ideally Foreign Exchange, Minimum 2years.
- Ambitious and passionate professional.
- Persistent and goal-oriented with a mindset to get the job done.
- Highly detail oriented and analytical.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications (written and oral), presentation, and listening skills.
- Quantitative individual with a love for numbers and data analysis.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling start-ups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work-life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.
AZA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.