The Protocol Labs Compensation team manages and oversees all compensation programs. Our work impacts each and every Labber through the initiatives we administer to reward, incentivize, and retain top talent.
People at Protocol Labs
The People Team at Protocol Labs powers our work. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and spec work, behind our implementations are passionate people, teammates and community members. The people team ensures that the Protocol Labs team remains happy, aligned and productive. Protocol Labs works at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open source, distributed work). The people team has the challenging and exciting task of taking the best from these cultures to shape the way we work at PL and ensure we all grow as people and professionals. All of this happens in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source.
As a Global Compensation Manager at Protocol Labs you will…
- Partner with business leaders to develop, design, implement and/or maintain compensation plans
- Support business needs through analysis during the annual and mid-year review cycle.
- Conduct in-depth competitive analyses and modeling for total rewards programs, including salary increases, internal pay equity analysis, competitive assessments of market pay trends, equity utilization and budget impact.
- Build and optimize all compensation process and tools for growth and scale
- Develop, implement, and maintain compensation policies and programs.
- Collect compensation surveys to analyze competitive salary information and improve our compensation programs.
- Apply analytic outcomes to transform raw people/compensation data into meaningful and actionable compensation insights.
- Design and execute data models using statistical principles (e.g., regression, correlation, etc.)
- Produce concise, story-centered presentations to communicate analytic insights.
- Create, maintain, and update interactive data dashboards and visualizations.
- Partner with business leadership to identify key people metrics that align with business strategies and help guide decisions.
- Partner with external compensation consultants to review current compensation plans
- Partner with people analytics to run pay equity review
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- 5+ years of experience in workforce analytics, business intelligence, and/or compensation analytics.
- Advanced skills in data visualization and analytic tools – experience with Looker or Tableau preferred.
- Excellent data analytic skills and can effectively present those findings to different audiences
- Advanced understanding of compensation survey data with ability to guide competitive pay decisions
- Solid applied statistical and analytical skills to design and execute predictive, descriptive, and inferential statistics.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex analytics insights to non-technical audiences, including senior leadership.
- Proven ability to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization with competing deadlines
- Proficiency in acquiring, organizing, cleansing, and manipulating large amounts of data.