About us:Founded in 2013, GSR is a crypto market maker with more than 250 employees in 5 countries. We provide billions of dollars of liquidity to cryptocurrency protocols and exchanges on a daily basis. We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 60 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time. Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, and Tower Research among others, has developed one of the world’s fastest and most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem. GSR is looking for a Chief Compliance Officer, APAC to join our global Legal & Compliance team on a full-time basis. GSR is a leading market-making and programmatic trading company in the exciting and fast-evolving world of digital asset trading. We provide sophisticated execution and liquidity services to the crypto ecosystem, including token projects, institutional and HNW investors, crypto exchanges and crypto miners. This is a key and high profile role and the successful candidate will play an instrumental leadership role to help us achieve both our strategic aims whilst ensuring we develop rigorous compliance policies/procedures throughout the APAC region.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Enhance and maintain best practices, policies, and procedures for the compliance function.
- Work together with in-house and third party legal services providers to develop and maintain the robustness of compliance controls and risk management activities related to licensing, data protection, business continuity etc. for Singapore and other jurisdictions.
- Partner closely with departments, including Legal, Business Development, Trading, Operations, and Security providing day-to-day input and business advice.
- Helping to research regulatory information and developments in Singapore and other international jurisdictions that might impact the company operations, including rendering opinions and decisions on how to implement policy and operational adjustments to meet changing regulatory and business requirements.
- Act as the point of contact for, and maintain relationships with, regulatory compliance bodies.
- Identify and implement metrics and key performance indicators that measure the effectiveness of the APAC compliance program.
- Identify new and emerging risks relevant to the business and develop and implement mitigating controls and systems into business processes.
- Assist and facilitate communication with audits and inspections from auditors (internal and external), third party and regulators.
- Training business teams to ensure a well informed and compliant employee base.
- 10-15 years experience of working in a Compliance position within financial services or FinTech is preferred.
- Experience in setting up and operating a compliance programme, as well as developing and implementing compliance related review programmes.
- Proven experience in dealing with external regulators and managing the compliance programme of a licensed entity.
- An ability to identify and implement process improvements.
- Able to work successfully with Legal & Compliance colleagues globally, external counsel and other internal stakeholders.
- Must be a disciplined self-starter with a significant degree of analytical rigour and attention to detail.
- A high degree of motivation, adaptability and proactiveness.
- Strong knowledge of capital markets, derivatives products, and regulations relating thereto.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills when working with internal teams and externally.
- Preferably a working knowledge of digital assets.
What we offer: A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance. Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus’ payments a year. Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office. Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, New York, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.Regular Town Halls and off-sites, team lunches and drinks. A Corporate and Social Responsibility program as well as charity fundraising matching and volunteer days. Immigration and relocation support where required.GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role. Learn more about us at .