We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to , and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
What you’ll be doing (i.e., job duties):
- Executive responsible for maintaining good standing with CFTC and NFA and overall financial and operational performance of the FCM
- Represents Coinbase FCM externally to regulators and the futures and crypto industry
- Position reports into the Head of Coinbase Derivatives
- Responsible for developing retail and institutional FCM strategy and communicating to regulators and market participants as well as internally to Coinbase Executive team and key stakeholders
- Responsible for managing the Coinbase FCM Executive Team in directing all aspects of FCM operation including product support, marketing, pricing and expense management, regulatory compliance, risk management, finance and treasury operations, operational support, vendor relationships, trade execution, and onboarding
- Coinbase Executive Team to include Chief Compliance Officer, Chief Risk Officer, legal, operations, and treasury/finance leads
- Lead liaison to key internal stakeholders including Sales, Product, Technology, Operations, Legal/Regulatory, and Treasury/Finance
- Develop, monitor and report on key performance metrics – financial and non-financial
- Lead the key platform and FCM product roll outs including initial launch, new products supported, new features, new exchange connectivity and access alternatives
- Lead development and structuring of commercial partnerships
- Participate in key client sales and onboarding dialogue in close collaboration with the Sales team
- Participate in development of new products and trade execution opportunities, as well as lending, margin and custody-related services in close collaboration with Product team
- Accountable for resolution of all real-time operational issues that arise and communication with FCM oversight and regulators
- Responsible for management of FCM dedicated staff, budgeting and recruitment of new FCM resources
What we look for in you (i.e., job requirements):
- 10-15 years experience in a leadership role with a US-regulated FCM, including but not limited to role as Head of the FCM or key business leader in the FCM Executive team
- Extensive knowledge of:
- CFTC and NFA regulatory frameworks and operational guidelines
- US futures industry clients and technology vendors
- Institutional and retail futures ecosystems
- Ability to work in fast-paced, technology driven organization
- Knowledgeable and passionate about cryptocurrency, digital assets and blockchain technology
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view , and notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site a free compatible screen reader .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.