At Anchorage we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.The Head of Global Financial Crimes Compliance is a key strategic leadership role with a mission to build and grow the financial crimes compliance, anti-money laundering, and sanctions compliance teams and programs for Anchorage Digital on a global scale. They will ensure all global entities are compliant with local regulatory requirements, expectations, and industry best practices, as well as foster relationships with local regulators and mitigate all associated risk.
As the Head of Global Financial Crimes Compliance, you will:
- Develop and implement an enterprise-wide Financial Crime (“FinCrime”) Compliance program, to include Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”), Sanctions Compliance and Fraud Prevention across the global organization.
- Establish and ensure reporting of the Bank’s FinCrime enterprise-wide FinCrime risk appetite statement and the execution of enterprise-wide FinCrime risk assessments.
- Provide leadership and collaboration with the Business, Legal and other internal functions to ensure the effective implementation of FinCrime program requirements across the Bank.
- Direct the development and implementation of policies, procedures and controls across the organization in a globally consistent manner.
- Develop and maintain critical relationships with regulators across the globe, be instrumental in defining and shaping digital assets and emerging technologies regulation.
- Partner with business leaders across globally to instill and embed a culture of compliance.
- Interface with leadership across the business and functions to advise on FinCrime risks and operational or control issues.
- Provide support and direction to country Money Laundering Reporting Officers (“MLROs”) in the execution of their duties.
- Lead Anchorage’s build-out of the FinCrime organizational model and staffing globally as the Bank continues to expand operations.
- Oversee the development of an appropriate FinCrime global training program.
- Manage and lead the global FinCrime teams across Anchorage Digital’s entities.
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You have 10+ years experience in FinCrimes Compliance, preferably with a broad mandate that provides exposure to BSA, AML, sanctions, fraud and ABC
- You’ve built out FinCrime Risk Management frameworks on a global scale
- You’re deeply familiar with broader Compliance Program frameworks
- You’ve managed, mentored and scaled teams of varying skill levels
- You’ve advocated with regulatory bodies to shape regulations
- You’ve built credible, productive relationships with internal stakeholders, clients and regulatory bodies
- You thrive under uncertainty and are able to adapt to an evolving regulatory environment
Although not a requirement, bonus points if:
- You’re a strong public speaker, or have experience in a highly visible leadership role that requires impeccable communication skills
- You have a strong handle on data analytics
- You are intrinsically curious about crypto
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. 🙂
About Anchorage Digital – People: Who we areThe Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy. Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives. Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.