Coinhako is a market leading platform for access to digital assets like Bitcoin from Singapore.
Founded in 2014, Coinhako has established a reputation as being one of the most secure and trusted digital asset wallet service provider and trading platform in the APAC market.
Our team is deeply passionate about building the crypto economy in the APAC region.
Through the launch of our innovative suite of products and services, Coinhako aims to empower individuals and businesses by allowing them to take ownership and control of the way they build and manage their assets in the new digital finance world.
- Own, review and update the KYC procedure in accordance with any updates to the AML Policy in a timely manner.
- Own, review and update all L1 compliance tools that drives the KYC processes including SOPs, CRR Tools, Forms for onboarding/ maintenance/ periodic reviews, and any other tools essential for the L1 compliance team to conduct BAU work.
- Oversees and manage the entire Client Life-Cycle Process (onboarding, trigger events, Periodic review, offboarding) across various client types (Corporates, Retail individuals, HNWI).
- Liaise with relationship managers / Compliance Department for issues and deficiencies identified during review and act as the key decision maker and facilitator to resolve these issues via action plans.
- Work with Business and Compliance (Line 2) to ensure report submission is of high AML quality and account is opened within the SLA.
- Keep KYC unit updated on the latest procedural / policy changes and processes to address questions, issue guidance & facilitate coordination with Compliance and Lines of Business and conduct trainings
- Conduct remediation & enhancement projects to patch regulatory gaps and address key system deficiencies.
- Point of escalation and Subject matter expert for all matters relating to L1 Compliance
- Work closely with MLRO to lead and/or participate in Compliance related projects.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned by the Senior management
- Reports directly to the CEO with functional reporting line to MLRO
- Manage a team of 4-8 based in SG and VN.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience in KYC is mandatory which includes the below:
- Deep understanding of CDD / EDD requirements for various client types (Corporates, Retails, Trust, Partnerships etc)
- Well versed in Escalations and Approval protocols.
- Understanding of various risk factors and its impact (CRR, PEP assessment, Materiality assessment, ID&V requirements, acceptable documentation, SOW, SOF, etc)
- Understanding the differences between differing requirements across various jurisdictions.
- Good understanding of MAS requirements.
- Manage Line 1 risk
- Ability to give clear direction and manage a team.
- Experience in managing projects relating to KYC / Remediation efforts is a plus point
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance & Banking or equivalent fields
- Strong knowledge of financial regulatory requirements / KYC related topics
- Accuracy, diligence and the ability to deliver high quality results within tight deadlines
What’s in for you:
- Friendly and fun start-up work culture
- Convenient work location located in the heart of CBD area
- Generous annual leaves on top of national holidays
- Medical coverage including GP, Specialist, TCM and more
- Self-care benefits and exciting fitness workshops/webinars
- Vibrant office with well-stocked pantry
Find out more about Coinhako here and don’t forget to visit our Careers Page
Listed in: , , , , , , , , , .