As one of the largest and most trusted
digital asset platforms
globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto.
Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption.
But we’re only just getting started.
We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions.
Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines.
Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read to find out more about us!The Head of OTC Algo Trading will have overall responsibility of the brand new Algorithmic Trading business, launched in 2022 by Kraken’s global Over-The-Counter desk.
Kraken OTC is a team of professionals providing white glove service to high net-worth clients and institutions.
Originally formed as a trading desk, the team has recently decided to expand their offerings via a new secured lending product.
Reporting to the Global Managing Director of OTC, the Head of OTC Algo Trading will own the P&L for the business, while managing day-to-day operations, as well as articulating a forward looking strategy.
Role is fully remote anywhere within the US or Europe.
- Build world class Crypto Algorithmic Trading Franchise
- Own and manage the P&L for the OTC Algorithmic Trading business
- Lead experienced Development Team to create tools needed for a successful Algo business
- Continuously search for opportunities to grow the business by identifying new clients, expanding to new geographies, and in general, articulating a forward looking strategy
- Define and monitor key performance metrics for business health
- Solve critical challenges and develop recommendations by employing a data driven approach
- Collaborate with MD – OTC, global C-suite, and leaders of support functions such as Legal, Compliance to identify and address challenges such as upcoming regulatory changes
- Create a culture of operational excellence, efficiency, security, and risk management
- Exercise discretion with highly confidential or sensitive information
- As needed, identify hiring needs and partner with recruiting to hire additional team members
- Promote franchise in traditional media, social media, and other external channels
- Prior experience in a Algo Trading leadership role in the financial services industry
- Advanced mathematics degree and/or computer science degree
- Track record of successful trading experience
- Results and incentive oriented personality
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills, involving cross functional collaboration and data driven approach
- Superior communication and presentation skills including for executive level audiences
- Commercially-minded and entrepreneurial self-starter, comfortable in fast-paced and uncertain/changing environments
- Good to have: experience in a comparable fintech company or late stage pre-IPO company
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences.
We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know