Our goal at AZA Finance is a simple, yet powerful one: we want to make it easier for businesses from more than 115 countries to do business with and within Africa. We do this by empowering these organisations to move money, exchange currencies, and make payments across all major African, G20, and digital currencies.
International payments and digital currency expert Elizabeth Rossiello founded AZA Finance (formerly BitPesa), in Kenya in 2013. With a young and tech-savvy population, and a thriving business sector, she knew that Africa was going to become the world’s foremost hub of innovation, growth and jobs. Today, with more than 200 employees across 20 nationalities and 10 countries, we are helping build this future through our fintech platforms.
AZA Finance has helped more than 26,000 customers move $3.2 billion around the world, and our innovation and expertise has been recognized by the World Economic Forum, Bloomberg News, Founders Forum, Fast Company and more.
We are a high-energy and mission-driven growth stage company, and now we are looking for a Head of Sales (Eurasia/EMEA) to grow our revenue base in Eurasia/EMEA
The Head of Eurasia/EMEA Sales is responsible for managing and expanding AZA Finance’s sales operations, revenue generating processes and execution across the EU, Asia and frontier markets. This includes scaling the business across the various products and customer segments including but not limited to our API and WEB trading platforms. This role involves scaling sales/ revenue through new client acquisition, and building a world-class regional team (hiring, on-boarding, and retaining talent). This is an exciting opportunity to help take Africa’s leading digital F/X company to the next level. We’re looking for leaders who are comfortable in a dynamic, growing startup, and equally comfortable networking with executives as analysing sales metrics.
This position is open to candidates in London (UK), and also to candidates based in Madrid and Dubai.
In this role you will
- Lead regional sales efforts (new client acquisition) with a customer-centric approach via own sales pipeline and managing a team with their respective pipelines
- Focus efforts to generate scalable, repeatable and predictable volume, revenue and net profit
- Align and optimise the entire customer experience with the aim of increasing revenue
- Work across both new and established markets to build AZA’s presence in frontier markets
- Ensure that the Regional Sales team focuses on the sustainable acquisition of clients (MTOs, NGOs, API clients, mid-large corporates, SMEs, cryptocurrency trading companies) who trade large volumes at target margins
- Establish regional sales and operational processes to build efficiency and manage costs
- Ensure that total client portfolio grows while being diversified, stable and profitable with a focus on our pooling business model
- Collaborate and establish effective partnerships with the Account Management, Customer Support, Compliance, Product, Treasury teams to optimise the customer journey
- Reduce key-man risk, and ensure that robust teams are built who are properly on-boarded, trained, retained and advancing in their knowledge and skills
- Set an example of leadership, disciplined work, transparency and cooperative team culture
- Set quarterly (OKRs) and sales objectives with specific, measurable goals
- Maintain sales pipeline and lead high-ROI customer relationships which have a significant impact to revenue
- Ensure that all our sales activities are aligned towards maximising the company’s short-term and long-term revenue growth
- Coach & assist team on efficient acquisition, retention, and growth of customers ensuring each hire has a complete, accurate and update sales pipeline
- Analyse and present data to key internal stakeholders across various business units in order to inform impactful business decisions and help adapt tactics that drive profitable growth.
- Actively participate in strategic planning to develop reasonable and thorough annual budgets and sales projections with the Regional Sales team
- Recruit, train, and retain effective, talented hires to build a world-class team
- Lead weekly sales calls, 1/1s, and daily stand ups
- Ensure the Sales Team keeps CRM tools up to date and maintain excellent lead and process management to clearly identify status and success during sales process.
- Manage sales budget, incentive plans, and team expenditures
- Represent AZA Finance at relevant Sales Conferences as speaker, panelist, or attendee
- University Degree
- Seasoned professional with 8 -10 years of experience in sales and marketing or financial services, ideally in payments/money transfer, remittances, mobile money
- Previous experience in successfully scaling business for payment companies in UK/Europe & Asia is a plus
- Access to a large network of local decision-makers within potential MTO/FinTech clients
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, presentation, and listening skills
- Creative problem solver with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize immediate, short-term goals and simultaneously focus on strategic, long-term goals
- Advanced Salesforce and Google Suite Tools skills along with the willingness and ability to become familiar with company-specific sales tools/software
- Passionate about our mission to redefine how businesses make payments to and from Africa
- Willingness to be based in London, Central Europe and travel within Europe
- Proven track record of developing and closing complex sales deals from the ground up
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Global / regional network / exposure in FinTech / Blockchain industry.
- One of the hottest, fastest scaling start-ups in Africa.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work-life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.
AZA is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability