About KrakenAs one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.About the RoleThe Information Security Analyst is responsible for supporting the Information Security team to perform scoped information security assessments, perform IT audits on critical tools and vendors, and assist in the maturation of our confidentiality, integrity, and availability initiatives. The analyst must be self-motivated, work well under pressure, develop strong relationships with stakeholders, and demonstrate commitment and accountability.
- Reinforce the comprehension, interpretation, and implementation of Information Security policies, procedures, and standards;
- Ensure compliance with Information Security policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards;
- Support the maintenance and testing of the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan;
- Conduct internal compliance reviews of the Information Security environment and serve as consultant for security issues that require immediate resolution;
- Liaison between Information Technology department and third-parties engaged to provide Information Security monitoring and/or management services:
- Interpret and disseminate security-related information as needed to invoke operational/security responses and/or actions as needed;Interpret and disseminate security-related information to upper management and the board of directors in relevant terms, e.g., summary dashboards;
- Facilitate audit and regulatory reviews by gathering documentation or representing facts to auditors and regulators as required;
- Ensure compliance with data destruction methods and following policy in doing so;
- Conduct risk assessments to identify and assess security risks of new, existing, or proposed infrastructure;
- Analyze security incidents and assist in the escalation of security events in conjunction with the Incident Response Plan;
- Analyze security monitoring alerts, logging and scanning for appropriate security levels and escalate alerts and changes to appropriate engineer for mitigation;
- Review internal, external, and regulatory recommendations and follow up to ensure adaptation;
- Advise manager of potential new threats and plausible mitigation, and suggested user education;
- Participate with Information Security and Information Technology teams and any required third-party partners to protect data; and
- Perform day to day tasks as it relates to Information Security.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security or a related field
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical professionals;
- Ability to effectively communicate with IT staff and third-party IT security management service providers;
- Strong technical skills, analytical skills, and administrative skills
- Experience in technical information security role, vulnerability risk management and audit functions.
Location Tagging: #US #CANADA #LI-Remote #LT1We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws. Stay in the know