Founded in 2013, GSR is a crypto market maker with more than 300 employees in 5 countries.
We provide billions of dollars of liquidity to cryptocurrency protocols and exchanges on a daily basis.
We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.
GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 60 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world.
In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time.
Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, and Tower Research among others, has developed one of the world’s fastest and most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets.
We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.
Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem.
We are looking for an experienced Security Engineer to join our global and highly specialist Information Technology team.
You will be instrumental in maintaining a corporate-wide information security program and controls to ensure that information assets are adequately protected.
You will also act as an advisor to the various business units.
This position requires strong knowledge of security concepts, cloud security (AWS) and programs (infrastructure as a code, vulnerability management, incident management, identity & access management, data loss prevention).
Your contribution will be fundamental to shaping the firm's IT security ecosystem.
- Manages the process of gathering, and analyzing the current and future threat landscape.
- Performs control and vulnerability assessments to identify control weaknesses and assess the effectiveness of existing controls, and recommends remedial action.
- You will take initiative and improve our overall security posture.
- Manage and coordinate operational components of incident management, including detection, response and reporting.
- Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
- Developing and maintaining cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
- Provide technical support for the establishment, and implementation, of end-to-end security solutions utilizing new technologies.
Some deliverables are:
- Help develop solutions to tackle security challenges to protect employee and consumer data.
- Engineering, implementing and supervising security measures for the protection of Cloud Infrastructure and integrations
- Research and recommend new security technology capabilities and their applicability within the greater organization.
- Assist in the design and oversight of security testing procedures to verify the security of systems, networks and applications, and manage the remediation of identified risks.
- Maintain a knowledge base comprising a technical reference library, security advisories and alerts, information on security trends and practices, and laws and regulations.
- identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues
- Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
- Minimum – five years relevant experience.
- Experience building security solutions for AWS.
Moreover, working knowledge of AWS technologies including a solid understanding of CloudWatch, EC2, S3, IAM and Lambda services.
- Experience with MAS regulation.
- Experience in SOC2 (or PCI, SOX, and ISO standards)
- Experience in vulnerability scanning for source code, infrastructure code and artefacts.
- Cloud Security-related certifications (Preferred)
- Experience performing threat modelling (Preferred)
- Desire to automate existing processes using a modern scripting language or automation tools (Python)
- Experience using RESTful APIs, HTTP, JSON
What we offer:
A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance.
Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus’ payments a year.
Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office.
Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, New York, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.
Regular Town Halls and off-sites, team lunches and drinks.
A Corporate and Social Responsibility program as well as charity fundraising matching and volunteer days.
Immigration and relocation support where required.
GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age.
We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role.
Learn more about us at .