We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to , and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
As an Institutional Onboarding Analyst Onboarding, you’ll join a high functioning team of passionate support professionals whose performance is critical to Coinbase achieving its mission. You will serve as a subject matter expert to Onboard our clients for Coinbase’s institutional suite of products (Prime, Custody), providing world-class service and support to our most valued clients and coverage team. Diligent, empathetic, and have a bias towards action, you will play a crucial role in the success of the Client Services organization as we help build the cryptoeconomy.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Serve as a domain expert across multiple channels, supporting our valued customers and institutions onboard for Coinbase’s institutional products (including Prime and Custody)
- Provide white glove support to our highest priority global clients through email and live chat channels in an articulate and empathetic manner
- Continuously add value through effective project management, decisive prioritization, and efficient execution
- Set a high bar for support analysts within the organization by setting an example through performance and work ethic
- Operationalize new and existing policies, processes, and procedures related to the Client Services Onboarding scope
- Serve as the voice of the customer to internal teams including Controls and Process and Engineering when surfacing bugs, incidents, and product feedback related to the Onboarding process
- Ensuring that Coinbase maintains regulatory standards across various policies and programs
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders in an effective, tactical, and empathetic manner
- Maintain a thorough understanding of metrics and dashboards to make informed, data-driven decisions
- Maintain an investigative mindset to help address critical compliance issues while building operational processes to develop and maintain our program at scale
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Proficiency in English a must have
- Motivated by Coinbase’s mission and creating a seamless, scalable white-glove support experience for our global customer base
- Experience with priority clients, compliance, product support, payments, fraud, or other relevant operational domains
- Experience with industry standards and developments in the areas of KYC and BSA/AML is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in financial services, technology and/or customer support
- Experience with different channels of support, including e-mail and/or chat
- Fantastic communication skills in order to operate across multiple departments, stakeholders, and clients
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the evolving needs of a high-growth and fast paced organization
- Work within defined shift hours and participate in a weekend or on-call rotation (depending on business need)
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of cryptocurrency, global financial markets, and/or trading platforms
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: French, German, Japanese, Mandarin or another language
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $68,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view , and notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site a free compatible screen reader .
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available . By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.