About us:Founded in 2013, GSR is a crypto market maker with more than 250 employees in 5 countries. We provide billions of dollars of liquidity to cryptocurrency protocols and exchanges on a daily basis. We build long-term relationships with cryptocurrency communities and traditional investors by offering exceptional service, expertise and trading capabilities tailored to their specific needs.GSR works with token issuers, traders, investors, miners, and more than 60 cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. In volatile markets we are a trusted partner to crypto native builders and to those exploring the industry for the first time. Our team of veteran finance and technology executives from Goldman Sachs, Two Sigma, Citadel, and Tower Research among others, has developed one of the world’s fastest and most robust trading platforms designed to navigate issues unique to the digital asset markets. We have continuously improved our technology throughout our history, allowing for our clients to scale and execute their strategies with the highest level of efficiency.Working at GSR is an opportunity to be deeply embedded in every major sector of the cryptocurrency ecosystem. GSR is looking for a KYC & Compliance Analyst in New York, New York to join our global legal & compliance team on a full-time basis. GSR is a leading market-making and programmatic trading company in the exciting and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency trading. You will be instrumental to our customer, exchange and financial institution on-boarding process and ongoing compliance of the global business development and operations functions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting the KYC and on-boarding process for clients, including managing all key stakeholder communication, reviewing client documents, and conducting external information searches.
- Conducting the on-boarding process for exchanges, financial institutions / banks, and other third party providers, including managing the verification process, requests for information, and escalation to relevant stakeholders, as needed.
- Monitoring and documentation of unusual activity or AML flags.
- Good proficiency in conducting customer risk ratings, periodic/trigger reviews and enhanced due diligence.
- Support the Compliance Officers in the region and the Legal & Compliance team globally.
- Liaise with Business Development, Finance, and Operations teams to obtain information required for client and trading counterparty due diligence and on-boarding.
- Support and help to research regulatory information and developments in international jurisdictions that might impact the company operations.
- 2-5 years prior AML/KYC experience in the financial services industry.
- Knowledgeable of UK & European, and U.S. AML legislation and other relevant regulations.
- Excellent attention to detail in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism to interact well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working in and/or Knowledge of crypto-currencies a plus.
- Bachelor degree or higher in a relevant subject.
What we offer: A collaborative and transparent company culture founded on Integrity, Innovation and Performance. Competitive Salary with two discretionary bonus’ payments a year. Benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Retirement Planning, 30 days holiday and free lunches when in the office. Hybrid working pattern in all of our offices from London, New York, Singapore, Zug and Malaga.Regular Town Halls and off-sites, team lunches and drinks. A Corporate and Social Responsibility program as well as charity fundraising matching and volunteer days. Immigration and relocation support where required.GSR is proudly an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon any applicable legally protected characteristics such as race, religion, colour, country of origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We operate a meritocracy, all aspects of people engagement from the decision to hire or promote as well as our performance management process will be based on the business needs and individual merit, competence in the role. Learn more about us at .