Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit .
The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
We are searching for a strategic localization expert to join the Localization team and help grow Reddit internationally. As an integral part of the Product organization, the Localization team plays a key role in helping Reddit realize its mission: bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world.
As our Finland Language Manager, you will play an important role in developing and shaping our voice in Finnish to ensure that our platform and content is locally and culturally relevant. This is a remote position with an expected average of 20+ hours per week. You will work closely with other language managers to define the tone, style and overall quality of all content in your language.
If you’re passionate about localization, delivering high quality content and helping drive international launches, join us and help build the future of Reddit in Finnish!
- Review Reddit UI and Community content translated by our vendor’s linguists to ensure that Reddit feels local
- Develop and maintain style guides, glossaries and conduct regular quality checks
- Provide quality assurance for all localized content and apps to ensure consistent messaging and proper functionality
- Proactively provide inputs on UI, UX, and design for products launching in international markets in order to deliver the best possible user experience
- Work cross functionally with key stakeholders and in-country teams to align on project requirements for new product launches, providing regular feedback to deliver excellent user experience globally
- Troubleshoot and identify bugs or user related issues
- Be passionate about growing our international community user base, with an eagerness to learn about our localization and internationalization strategies
- Native fluency in Dutch, plus advanced fluency in English
- 3+ years of experience in software localization, translation or linguistics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to describe linguistic challenges, cultural questions, and concepts to stakeholders
- Experience to successfully convey our message on a local level, especially as it pertains to language nuances
- Exceptional independent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to collaborate with others and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to excel in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment and drive change, and collaborate with others