- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: United States and Canada only – Remote
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 – $110/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week
About The Role
Our client’s Front-End group ensures YML delivers first-class web products that delight their clients and their customers.
Working in collaboration with our engineering, design, and quality assurance teams, you will build software that solves real-world problems.
Success is achieved by passionately advocating for technical excellence, software quality, and process/organizational improvements.
Through your leadership and mentorship, you will serve as a role model for your team; guiding them to success, milestone after milestone.
This position reports to an Engineering Manager.
- Must have a love for clean & efficient code
- Ability to define, validate, and ultimately implement your approach to building software.
- 8+ years of experience in architecting software and confident across the full stack
- Experience in leading high performing teams within an agile model
- Possess a strong foundation in building scalable, reliable and high-performance systems
- Self-motivated and can drive a team towards excellence
- Provide excellent technical guidance to project team members so that their abilities and the overall project quality are enhanced
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (Ai) is a BIG plus
- Exposure to Java / Hadoop environment is a plus as well
- Ability to function effectively and communicate with cross-functional teams — Design, Project/Product Management, Quality Assurance, Strategy, Data Science, Innovations Team, Marketing, Talent, etc, and manage continuously changing business needs
What Will You Be Doing
- Hands-on contribution to the architecture of web & mobile applications
- Serve as a role model for code quality, process, and improvements
- Hands-on coding, system analysis, design, and the delivery of a digital system
- Cultivate a collaborative working environment and a culture of ownership with a growing team